Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

BORDERLANDS

Game Description:
===========
Borderlands features 4-player 'drop-in, drop-out' cooperative online play along with single-player and 2-player split screen co-op modes. In addition, players have access to customizable vehicles for vehicular combat. Deceased enemies drop random equipment, which is available for you to pick up.

Like traditional RPGs, much of the player's time will be taken up by missions. There will be 160 missions of varying length and complexity, 30 of these being part of the story and the other 130 as side missions. Many of these missions will not be mutually exclusive, and can be completed together. Gearbox wants to encourage the player to push themselves just a bit further to complete the next mission on their list. Each mission carries its own rewards, such as new weapons, or perhaps revealing a new piece of the story.

Randomization -
The game will also have a unique feature similar to Diablo's random item generation system. This new system will generate over 17,000,000 weapons (as of PAX 2009). The system randomized the guns by changing nearly everything about the guns, including barrel length, round type, round size, ironsights/scope, color, building material, and even additional damage such as explosion and shock.

"We saw a ridiculous amount of guns, but perhaps the strangest was a revolver that fired shotgun shells. Gearbox is constantly surprised with what the system comes up with. They've seen rifles shoot everything from homing darts to rockets. 'One of the guns tracks onto something and locks, and after three seconds, [the target] suddenly explodes,' director Matthew Armstrong says."

Player vs. Player -
At any time, a player can melee another player to issue a challenge. When the melee is returned, a 1 vs 1 duel starts. Players can also travel to "arenas" located at various locations in the game world. These arenas are specifically made for competitive play, where players can face off in both Free-For-All games or team-based games.

Multiple Playthroughs -
After completing the game, the player is free to roam the world and wrap up any side missions left unfinished, drop the vault key off at Tannis and collect their reward and wander around aimlessly. After returning to the title screen and choosing the character, however, the player can choose to begin Playthrough 2.

On the second playthrough, the character has all of the gear, skills, levels, and money that he or she ended the game with. All of the enemies scale up, with bandits beginning at level 34, and going up from there. The names of enemies also change.

After beating the game again on Playthrough 2, all of the enemies scale again, ranging from 48-52 and dropping even better loot than before. The player can revisit and battle most of the bosses, since they respawn, and fight for better gear, participate in cooperative play, and fight in the arenas.
=========
I got this for Christmas and have virtually been playing/doing nothing else ever since. I'm not a big FPS kinda guy, but am having great fun with the weapons variety and the weapon sound effects are some of the best ever. Turn up the sound and let 'er rip!

My usual tactic w/my Hunter is to try to find a spot as far away as I can at elevation and fire away with my sniper rifle. I will also launch my Blood Wing. This applies to all big, bad guys.
If that doesn't work find a good, controlled rapid-fire weapon and deliver as many head shots as you can. Critical hits can cause damage way out of proportion to a weapon's normal damage factor.
Don't forget to stay behind cover. I shot through a gap in a wall once and killed "Nine Fingers" with no retaliatory fire damage at all.

I had a blast with this split screen with my brother. When you get into a serious challenging fight the blood really starts to pump. Very Cool.

Excellent game!! DLC packs were all excellent (especially the Zombie one). A bit repetitive, and I wish you had more of a character selection, but excellent nonetheless

Back