Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Brief Border War (Oh God Nathangun is at it again).

Just like the others, I am completely unexperienced with VASAL, but I would still like to help. Is it very time consuming?

So myself @nektoman @Lethaface and @Hohenfels started a playtest about twelve days ago.

First off, Lethaface launches airstrike (2) against nektoman's airfield beyond the border.
He plays a 'Special Action Card (Queen of Hearts (1)). Rolling a 5 or 6 on a D6 Lethaface successfully damages nekotmans airfield.

yU05n0R.png

Nektoman's air units are moved to the 'Damaged Area' (3).
I as the GM roll dice for nektomans air defense which damages one of Lethafaces SU-25 Forgfoot's units (4).

fmP5zIc.jpg

Nektoman plays a 'Special Action Card' (5) which moves all his units out of the 'Damaged Area' into the 'Reserve Area' (6).

0GEnery.jpg

Lethaface then plays a 2 of Hearts (7) (Hearts are movement points) moving two ground units into Rogow (8).

mgkQxSS.jpg

Nektoman plays 6 of Club (9) (Clubs are movement points) and moves several units around (10).

eKQ091I.jpg

Lethaface plays another Special Action Card (11) to move all of his units out of the Damaged Units Area into the Reserve Area(12).

7lIXA2h.jpg

Nektoman plays a 4 of Clubs (13) and moves units out of the Reserve Area (14).

fkDCMIg.jpg

Lethaface finally plays his 7 of Diamonds (15) (Diamonds are Attack points) and attacks nektoman's units in Rogow (16).
Note that this would give Lethaface 7 attack points but as he only has two units sharing a sector with the enemy.

sjW3C7C.jpg

This all brings us to the first battle of the campaign/playtest in Rogow.

iAWsy4X.png

Battle length 30 minutes.
Now, the CP's are only worth 10 points each. The real points are won by inflicting casualties and preserving your own troops.
So the trick is to keep your casualties down and try to kill off the enemy.
Victory is declared when all enemy units are driven from the battlefield, regardless of the combat mission end screen resolution.
If any of the enemy troops are still in fight after the battle (they have 50%+ in strength) the sector is considered contested.
If and when the next battle in the same sector starts, the occupation of captured CP's determines the set-up area for both sides.
The defending side is considered to have 'occupied' all CP's before battle.

It's good to note at each campaign turn is about 30 - 60 minutes, if Lethaface holds the most CP's on the campaign map at the end is declared the winner.

Hey guys,
Myself @Lethaface and @nektoman have been play testing this campaign system, after the feed back from the guys I came up with this new system, not sure if it's want they suggested. :unsure:
I've done away with the action cards, but kept the Special Action Cards, maybe I should just call them action cards now, oh well.
Team B sets up his National Guard (N.G.) units anywhere within his own borders, all the other units (except air units) must start in the 'Damaged area'.
Team A may place any off his units where his whishes, as long as he or she (yeah right) doesn't exceed the stacking limit (of 5), most units have a stacking value of 3 or 1.
Basically team A moves his units and declares his attacks, then team B moves his units and declares his attacks then the battles are fought in CM, so it's move-move-fight.
All units except one (mortars), move two sectors along a road, one in a clear sector, and wooded areas are forbidden to mech/armor units.
At the start of the next turn both sides roll a D6 (or the GM can do it) and whoever gets the highest has the initiative for the next turn and gets to move first.
I've rewritten the rules in the first post.
The attacking side must capture 9 VP's worth of towns to win.
EDIT: The N.G. units are company strength.

Download the vassal module here make sure it's version '2'.

VEH1W5p.jpg

Last edited:
@Nathangun
Hey guys,
Myself @Lethaface and @nektoman have been play testing this campaign system, after the feed back from the guys I came up with this new system, not sure if it's want they suggested. :unsure:
I've done away with the action cards, but kept the Special Action Cards, maybe I should just call them action cards now, oh well.
Team B sets up his National Guard (N.G.) units anywhere within his own borders, all the other units (except air units) must start in the 'Damaged area'.
Team A may place any off his units where his whishes, as long as he or she (yeah right) doesn't exceed the stacking limit (of 5), most units have a stacking value of 3 or 1.
Basically team A moves his units and declares his attacks, then team B moves his units and declares his attacks then the battles are fought in CM, so it's move-move-fight.
All units except one (mortars), move two sectors along a road, one in a clear sector, and wooded areas are forbidden to mech/armor units.
At the start of the next turn both sides roll a D6 (or the GM can do it) and whoever gets the highest has the initiative for the next turn and gets to move first.
I've rewritten the rules in the first post.
The attacking side must capture 9 VP's worth of towns to win.
EDIT: The N.G. units are company strength.

Download the vassal module here make sure it's version '2'.

VEH1W5p.jpg

Seems like you have addressed all the feedback and some more! :) Looking good I think, also become more simple which is always a good thing.

Analyzing the new situation based on the experience, I was imagining how far team A would be able to push before team B can reinforce. With the symmetrical forces I think it's good the attacker can start at the border with all his forces. So he will be in the advantage at first, but after that he might be hard pressed by Team B counter attacks. So I guess it will be a very tough fight with both sides having a decent chance of victory.

I'd say it's ready for a playthrough! (y)

@Nathangun what do you mean when you say CMBS getting released? Is there a new one coming out?
What do you mean when you say promoted on CMC? What is CMC and what is the purpose of the promotion?

:unsure:

@Nathangun what do you mean when you say CMBS getting released? Is there a new one coming out?
What do you mean when you say promoted on CMC? What is CMC and what is the purpose of the promotion?

:unsure:

Getting released on Steam.
CMC is the mods site or something I'm not sure, it's just what he said.
The purpose maybe to more peeps to join.

How is that done @Lethaface?

P.S., nevermind, looked it up.

Adding a shortcut to a non-Steam game​

1. Launch Steam
  2. Click the Games menu, choose Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library
  3. Browse for games on your computer or put a check next to the game(s) you wish to add to the Library.
  4. Click on "Add Selected Programs".

Last edited:
Now it looks more symmetric. It seems that the guys in attacking HQ don't know exactly the number of the defender's forces. They really need luck to run the fast and victorious campaign. But it seems that it will rather be a vain bloody melee.
@Nathangun just a formal remark: "Frogfoot" is SU-25 (which is meant in this campaign), not SU-27 (it's a fighter)

How is that done @Lethaface?
Finally I've figured it out and checked Battlefront forum

Back