FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
Fasten your seatbelts ... time to charge into Byte Battles ROUND 2!

First off, welcome new player @Liamb to the tourney -- he is taking over from @Badger73 's, who's had to drop out.
(Liamb gets awarded an average points score achieved across the board for Round 1)

Here the scoring table for the start of ROUND 2:

Draw for the ROUND 2 battles:

1. @Nort (ax) vs @Meat Grinder -- @MeatEtr wins by ALLIED Total Victory

2. @MeatEtr (ax) vs @Buckykatt -- @MeatEtr wins by AXIS Total Victory

3. @Liamb (ax) vs @mirekm61 -- @Liamb wins by AXIS Total Victory

4. @Nathangun (ax) vs @Wellsonian -- @Nathangun wins by AXIS Total Victory

5. @Meat Grinder (ax) vs @sspoom -- @Meat Grinder wins by AXIS Total Victory

6. @Buckykatt (ax) vs @Bootie -- @Buckykatt wins by AXIS Total Victory

7. @mirekm61 (ax) vs @SlySniper -- @SlySniper wins by ALLIED Total Victory

8. @Wellsonian (ax) vs @Rico -- @Wellsonian wins by AXIS Total Victory

9. @sspoom (ax) vs @Nort -- @Wellsonian wins by AXIS Total Victory

10. @Bootie (ax) vs @MeatEtr -- @Bootie wins by AXIS Tactical Victory

11. @SlySniper (ax) vs @Liamb @SlySniper wins by AXIS Total Victory

12. @Rico (ax) vs. @Nathangun -- @Nathangun wins by ALLIED Total Victory

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scenario is available for download below.

AXIS players start up the game.

Sharpen your knives and entrenching tools... and pack extra grenades ... it's going to be an intimate, close range knife fight on a cosy little map... woods, railway line and visibility is thick haze and limited.

Yanks get a platoon of paratroopers, a M5 light tank, a Chaffee tank and a quad 50 cal AA halftrack.

Krauts get a platoon of fallschirmjagers, two Hetzers and a quad 20mm Flak halftrack.

This promises to get very very messy, very very quickly... :D

Good luck -- hope we all have some mayhem and fun!

Attachments

Last edited:

Liamb

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
Usually plays single player.
Email
liambantock@gmail.com
Pardon my ignorance (first tournament), but what skill level do we use?

Meat Grinder

FGM Colonel
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
1 game.
Both games are going.

I'm going to go ahead and give a pre-game analysis. This is not any sort of criticism. These are mirror matches, so any force imbalance is inherently irrelevant.

I think the axis have the advantage in this one, mostly due to superior armor. The Hetzer's MA can take out any of the allied armor from the front, while I think only the Chaffee's 75mm has a chance to penetrate the Hetzer frontal armor. In addition, the axis Quad 20mm can, I think, take out the Stuart, and possibly even the Chaffee, while the allied Quad 50cal (much as I love Ma Deuce) cannot penetrate the Hetzer. Advantage: Axis, IMO.

Of course, both sides have infantry AT weapons, and on such a small map, those can make quite an impact. In the end, I think the allied player is going to have to win with "superior fighting skills", in my very humble opinion.

Rico

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
Both games are going.

I'm going to go ahead and give a pre-game analysis. This is not any sort of criticism. These are mirror matches, so any force imbalance is inherently irrelevant.

I think the axis have the advantage in this one, mostly due to superior armor. The Hetzer's MA can take out any of the allied armor from the front, while I think only the Chaffee's 75mm has a chance to penetrate the Hetzer frontal armor. In addition, the axis Quad 20mm can, I think, take out the Stuart, and possibly even the Chaffee, while the allied Quad 50cal (much as I love Ma Deuce) cannot penetrate the Hetzer. Advantage: Axis, IMO.

Of course, both sides have infantry AT weapons, and on such a small map, those can make quite an impact. In the end, I think the allied player is going to have to win with "superior fighting skills", in my very humble opinion.

Perfect opportunity then to showcase those "superior fighting skills". :cool: :shootero: