Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Cactus Farm as Allies

S

smithcorp

I had my first playthrough of Cactus Farm as the Brits. I advanced 2 battalions of infantry and two tank troops towards the Cactus Farm objective but didn't get a battle until turn 5. Preceding that my advance got repulsed on the campaign map (my icons showed a u-turn). In the final turn, I had one battalion of infantry (no heavy weapons, one mortar) and two tank troops. Germans had only left two scattered companies. I found Cactus Farm was unoccupied when I assaulted it, but there was about a company of enemy on the reverse slope, plus on the Bump, no armour support.

I attacked east, took the Bump, the Farm and the Crossroads for a major victory (took only 9 casualties and knocked out three-quarters of the enemy delaying force and them retreating) but after that the campaign was over, with me having made no real progress toward the road to Tunis. Is there a way to win this campaign from the Brit side? There's not a lot of room on the map to flank or bypass Cactus Farm and get at the objectives further east, and I found it curious that most of the action played out on the operational map (only one tactical battle in the campaign for me).

Back