Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

California - Back to the 1880's!

Are you going to make us ask about the half day?
I was without power for 3 days during the big east coast outage in the early 2000s .... I read the new Harry Potter novel by oil lamp and it has been smooth sailing since. Actually we had 3 days without power after superstorm sandy. So over 35 years ...... probably a half day a year

I can only speak from experience. Here are the States I have lived in (for at least a year) in my life. Oregon, Montana, New York, Kansas, California, Texas (born there). I am not including states/countries that I lived in for six months or less due to Army training or deployments (Kentucky, Georgia, Germany, Iraq/Kuwait). California wasn’t my favorite (that would be Oregon and Texas), but it was far from last. HOA, wanna guess what I think the worst run state has been in the last 25 years? Why don’t we have a “Kansas sucks” thread? Oh, right. No movie stars talking out of their ass. Most of whom came from places like Kansas. Sorry not sorry. (I have a fever, and am waiting on my test results, forgive my grumpiness):)
Kansas the worst run state? Hey, we don't have people sleeping on and crapping all over our streets and we don't have people rioting every night, defacing and destroying buildings and property. I'll take that "worst run" over what I've seen in those other "garden" spots. And depending on which part of the state you live in, we do have liquor by the drink. Contrary to popular opinion, evolution is taught in most of the state anyway. And here we know that the people that wear the black masks are the bad guys, something leadership elsewhere apparently never learned at the Saturday matinee. And I have a sister that lives in Oregon. She, her husband and their kids are all firearms trained and have carry and conceal permits. Here we don't bother with permits for our right to carry and protect our family and property. Worst run? Maybe, but to each his own, something some of those "better run" utopia's have forgotten.

See everybody, reasonable people can disagree.

edit....I didn’t mean that sarcastically, which I just noticed it may appear.
You assume I am reasonable... ;)

And if you were being sarcastic, who cares. You were expressing an opinion and I respect your right to express it. I don't have to agree with you, but I can show you the common courtesy to let you be you, no matter how misguided you may be...;)

I can only speak from experience. Here are the States I have lived in (for at least a year) in my life. Oregon, Montana, New York, Kansas, California, Texas (born there). I am not including states/countries that I lived in for six months or less due to Army training or deployments (Kentucky, Georgia, Germany, Iraq/Kuwait). California wasn’t my favorite (that would be Oregon and Texas), but it was far from last. HOA, wanna guess what I think the worst run state has been in the last 25 years? Why don’t we have a “Kansas sucks” thread? Oh, right. No movie stars talking out of their ass. Most of whom came from places like Kansas. Sorry not sorry. (I have a fever, and am waiting on my test results, forgive my grumpiness):)
For me Maryland 28 years
Southern California 20 years
West 'by God' Virginia 15 years
Southern California first (but I left there in 2005)
Maryland second
West 'by God ' Virginny last (I dont think anyone here remembers the state was born in the ACW as a union state out of part of Virginia and that the south lost the civil war)

I’ve already ranked Oregon/Texas as my favorites......you would be surprised how similar they are actually. But, if you want to live in a max free place, but where you might have to provide your own law and order (and be able to do it legally if you know the law), Montana is your jam. Big sky country, and the only rule is that I will leave you alone if you leave me alone. It really is a great place, and if you fly fish, heaven on earth.

Back