Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Canadian Wildfire Smoke In New York

Gunner

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
The wild fires up in Canada are sending smoke down through the northeastern United States.
Here in New York the air quality is so bad they're cancelling all outdoor sports (the Yankee game is cancelled) and warning people to stay indoors)
Yesterday the world seemed to be all in sepia tones, kind of a tan-yellow-brown color.
You can smell the burning wood in the air.

If it's this bad here, my heart goes out to those up in Canada.
God be with you guys.

Technically there wasn't a cloud in the sky but when I went it was so dim out the headlights in my car came on automatically.

This is near my house. Like I said there's not a cloud in the sky. Although it doesn't look it here because of the camera the sun was just a dull orange ball.

jpbUoRh.png

As bad as it is here it's worse in the New York City area.
(I took this video off of imgur. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's looking across the Hudson River at lower Manhattan from New Jersey.)

Montreal Skies.jpg
@Gunner

Thanks for your kind sentiments regarding the current wildfire situation up here in the Great Burning North. Although there is an air quality warning in effect here in Montreal, as the picture I just took and posted above shows, not all parts of the province and North-East appear to be experiencing the same impact from these fires. In fact given there is a light rain presently falling, the skies above Montreal are of the usual grey one would expect during a rain shower. Although yesterday I could detect the faint smell of burnt wood & smoke in the air.

Actually, I suspect that it is you folks down south that are unfortunately experiencing the worst of the air quality issues presently given the prevailing winds. So let's all hope that they can gain the upper hand fighting these fires in the next short while.

I already dread what the dog days of summer in July-August will bring to our forests if they are already this dry and prone to fire outbreaks this early in the year.

Cheers!

Just watching the news, several States, including New York, are realizing how bad the fires are and have offered to send firefighters and equipment.
Maybe we can help get these things out together. (y)

It looks like the worst is dipping south towards Maryland and Washington D.C.
Track the air quality with this link.

There's even a contingent of 200 firefighters from South Africa have arrived in Canada to help out.

It’s the fifth deployment to Canada for the South African crew. They helped battle the Fort McMurray wildfire in 2016.

They travelled to Manitoba in 2021 to help with wildfires there.

Just watching the news, several States, including New York, are realizing how bad the fires are and have offered to send firefighters and equipment.
Maybe we can help get these things out together. (y)

It looks like the worst is dipping south towards Maryland and Washington D.C.
Track the air quality with this link.

There's a heat dome over Washington DC from all the bullshit politicians running at the mouth. That cloud will split and go right around it.

Back