Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Cancelled holidays

steve

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Dunno about you guys, but we had a nice holiday planned this year.

We were due to go to Canada for 2 weeks in July, staying around Calgary as we were planning to go to the Calgary Stampede and also spend time exploring the wider area.

Obviously that's not going to happen now, so we have decided to put it back a year and go in 2021 (assuming the world has returned to normal by then).

Steve

Yeah, had 50th wedding anniversary 10 day Viking river cruise through Holland planned for the end of March. Trying again for next year.

We put off a trip to Florida to meet up with some our European friends (a wargamer and his wife) who vacation there every spring.
They had to cancel obviously as well.
The wife and i will hopefully try someplace in september. probably Gettysburg or Gatlinburg

My wife and I for our 25th wedding anniversary in June had planned on touring Sicily where her grandparents came from.
Maybe an auto tour up to Maine or even Canada if they'll let us in ;)

In fact, my vacations scheduled for early March (on Mar del Plata, atlantic coast) canceled in January, everyone will remember the cerebrovascular accident that my wife suffered in his moment, and is still recovering from. Heck, this year really has been rubbish, and we are not half yet.:censored:

At the moment Italy is opening borders to tourists from other EU countries on 3 June. No two week quarantine required.

Good news for many.

Thankfully I holidayed early this year in France (January) so we had nothing planned for the summer apart from trips around the UK... week in London etc.

No big losses this summer for me but my heart goes out to folk who had big ones planned.,

Saying that... I dont think I would travel this year. Just not worth the hassle.

Perhaps the Italian government thought about the losses that would be generated by keeping the doors closed to tourism in the coming summer.:censored:

Yes. These financial matters used to appear to be very important but now...

Saying that... I dont think I would travel this year. Just not worth the hassle.

Yeah I hear you and I would do the same if I was back in my old life. If I can still travel at least it will be less crowded and maybe cheaper.

Thankfully I holidayed early this year in France (January) so we had nothing planned for the summer apart from trips around the UK... week in London etc.

No big losses this summer for me but my heart goes out to folk who had big ones planned.,

I cannot see myself getting on to a crowded plane anytime soon ... air travel definitely out... some road trips to secluded out of the way places still an option... like the Karoo mountians...

1590474842640.png

Back