Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Classified France '44

Where to start.? My plan to give myself and troops a slight break I decided upon an option to play an (L1) stress battle.
After playing three straight (L3) it sounded like a good idea. I mean, what could go wrong?
:oops: As it turned out just about everything.
My first look at the map showed it was small. VERY small. It was also chocked full of gray guys. Not great quality, but the
little buggers were just everywhere! The map was also crowded with obstructions from 2-story buildings to bocage-like
hedges, stone walls, vehicles, etc. So LOS was awful. I could barely move a guy w/o danger of being spotted. Add in some
mental errors making my moves and I ended up reloading the damn mission 7 times before I gave up trying to win an
optional objective and just got on with a 4* win.
The Germans were very sneaky too. After I cleared a building and hedge enclosed ground in the east I decided to keep two
of my guys there just in case they sent reinforcements because it also included my exfil area. HA! Sure enough, just two turns
later 4 Germans w/an officer came charging into the area. They were all quickly dealt with but you see, as a player, what you
are facing. Sneaky.
If you haven't seen any of the videos here's a picture of my current mission. This is hard to get around in as well (but still waay
easier than the above).
-----
IYZ9UDx.png

-----
Sure wish I had that hvy weapons guy/girl.

Only 8 days (3-4 missions) left until D-Day.
From the D-Dayometer at the top of the Operations screen (for lack of better description) my first campaign looks like it will be a
complete failure. That means I can expect D-Day to be cancelled (or some other silly result) because of my team's over all performance?
I'm not alone in that as many players have been complaining about what seems to them to be waay too under rated results of their
efforts. They've also be pointing out that the strategy portion of the game is woefully lacking in any info on exactly how it is played.
I can empathize.
Still, the campaign is highly replayable because of that same thing. Very curious now to see how I do a 2nd time around given what
I've learned the first time. Before I start I will spend some time doing some sorely needed research into the issue. I will also not play
it in <moron> difficulty and bump it up to <normal>. I'm hoping that will automatically give me a bump in my end game success
score. I don't think I need that help any longer.
I will also figure out how to add that hvy gunner somewhere down the line. Unfortunately, that means I will have to drop one soldier
classification from my OOB and that will be a hard decision.
It does truly seem to be "the journey not the destination" kind of game at this point. I guess I'll find out.

Well, I sat down to play another mission and started thinking "Why am I doing this again?"
Did look into the strategic part of the game some more and think I have a little better idea
about how it all works so I'm just going to save the campaign I've been working on, just in
case, and start up a new one. Going to try to go just a little bit slower and read everything
veeery carefully to make sure I understand as much as possible about what the hell is going
on.
Below is an excellent "Top Ten Tips" video that is absolutely must reading before playing the
game.
-----

Last edited:
Back