Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CM:A Tournament???

Who would be interested in a CMA tournament?

• No, CMA isnt my style

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dont know, it is based upon the amount of players

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
F

Fredrocker

I notice that we have 9 people on the CMA ladder.... How many would be interested in a mirrored knock out tournament, small battles, different rounds would have different units, Armor, Mech, etc... 20 minute turns, some cities, some open.... please vote at the poll...

I am very interested in CMA, but playing mirror is not really to my liking.
I read on your site about the campaign Major Novos Camapaign: " In the future the scenarios may be modified and released for H2H play."
Why not take the opportunity for a tournament / tester.

I am very interested in CMA, but playing mirror is not really to my liking.
I read on your site about the campaign Major Novos Camapaign: " In the future the scenarios may be modified and released for H2H play."
Why not take the opportunity for a tournament / tester.
Hi Berto, I have been playtesting the Nosov's Scenarios with NYCPizzaMan and Aulette, but Aulette has been really busy lately so turn rate has slowed. IMO CMA would have to be played mirrored in a tournament because trying to balance scenarios is super tough in CMA... Though I am thinking of doing a small sector like Campaign in CMA that would incorporate some Domination, some Operation Overlord, and some other features. It is something I was considering on a larger scale when the Market Garden, or CMFI module comes out.

I was thinking of running CMA and CMSF domination. Or at least setting it up in conjunction with Shorker and Walter Shumate and letting someone else run it... LOL
That sounds great.... I have an idea on something of a hybrid (wouldnt require much management) but would want to test it before rolling out a big campaign for Market Garden or even dare I say Eastern Front material... I will prepare a document with how it would work and we can toss it around in some conversations and maybe get a couple others involved, sort of like the Ladders Convo

I was thinking something small since we will be lucky to get 4 a side.... I have a map of the area.... and I am putting together the rules now...

Attachments

• cntrstrike.jpg
    cntrstrike.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 22
In the bottom right of that map there is a town/city called Ouch. It's a sign that this has to happen!

In the bottom right of that map there is a town/city called Ouch. It's a sign that this has to happen!
That is funny....

Ok second pass at the map... I am still working out how it will all work (need to make it easy on the management process, unfortunately I need to come with another approach)...

Eventually the Map will have the following in each hex (QB map number for map, Force Ratio, Force Mix, Outcome Table, etc).... One thing I have discovered is that the QB feature in CMA SUCKS.... so battles would be setup by Tourneymeister (this is not a problem on small scale, but my goal is to test some features for the 'Highway to Hell' campaign for CMBN when Market Garden Module is released...) So far here is what we have... check map below.... as you can see the info buttons on the PDF file provide information.... These 'hotspots' will float so what is in one hex this turn might not be in another....

I am hoping to put a map of each sides situation in each HQ.... thus the home team knows where they stand... and based upon a 'challange' they will know what they start with but the opponents hex will be a ?? until the challange is accepted... at which time the opponent will know from his map hex what he will be dealing with.... (I hope you can see where I am going with this).... anywho here is the map...

I will start a sign up sheet and modify some stuff and hopefully are merry little band of CMA players can jump into this in a week or so...

Attachments

• cntrstrike2.pdf
    647.8 KB · Views: 9
Back