Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CM:Battle for Normandy General Discussion

A second AAR Posted on U Tube, this time a QB.
It seems that the AI is doing a good job and has put together a descent attack plan.
Artillery is quite lethal,unit kills is back on the game and i really enjoyed that video.
Enjoy

I'm really, really hoping that I wind up loving CMBN. But having toyed around with the CMSF demo for about a week now.... I'm worried. I really dislike a lot about CMSF. The controls are not intuitive and many cannot be remapped (can't map camera movement to the arrow keys, for example). Seeing which units are or are not in command is exceedingly difficult. I'm not sure why this was changed when CMx1 did it so well (red line = in command; black line = out of command). Trying to figure out where a unit's commander is (or where his commander's commander is) is frustrating and takes way too much time and effort. Additionally, I find the graphics much improved in CMSF, but have a very difficult time seeing changes in the terrain and judging if a position is blocked, hull down, or totally exposed. The colors of the movement orders are so light they're difficult to see, and clicking on them often ends up deselecting the unit rather than selecting the movement order.

I hope some of this stuff has been addressed in CMBN, otherwise I may end up not liking this game as much as I was anticipating.

CMBN Demo Released

CMBN Demo Released

This completely free demo of COMBAT MISSION: BATTLE FOR NORMANDY is available for both the PC and Mac OS X platforms. This free demo version contains limited functionality and content to showcase the full version of the game, which can be purchased at www.battlefront.com.

DEMO VERSION LIMITATIONS:
- only three scenarios, especially made for this demo version, are playable (Note: This Demo includes a training battle "Training Mission - The Road to Berlin", playable from the American side. We recommend playing this battle before the other two.)
- QuickBattles are disabled (but the QB setup screen is visible)
- multiplayer modes (PBEM/TCP) are fully enabled
- the Scenario Editor is enabled and fully functional, but it will not allow you to purchase units, load, or save any maps
- contains nag screens during launch end exit of the demo.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=277&Itemid=477

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=277&Itemid=477

cmbndemo.jpg

Downloading from US site. No problem yet.
I read that the German mirror site was failing, and then the USA site and now the German mirror was ok.
Must be the heavy traffic of downloaders.

Thks, downloading right away... 10 mins from german server at Worthplaying !

Downloaded from Worthplaying, install went fine. CTD on start after the Battlefront banner !! not a good start ... lol Tried to reboot reinstall somewhere else, same thing. Will try another download...

Back