Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CM Market Garden video AAR

Nice AAR. I played this recently against the AI as the British and got a total victory. Obviously H2H is a different thing entirely but the secret for me was that I spotted an early flanking opportunity on the right flank north of the first objective line and got amongst the buildings there pushing forward and managed to cut a lot of troops down in the urban jungle. On the left flank I knew that infantry would have to move through the thin strip of woodland on the edge of the map and had troops set far enough back that they could cover that approach and also troops that covered the open ground. I think your opponent's mistake was ceding the open ground on his left flank and the built-up area on his right and letting you have those first objectives for free. In the game I played not one German reached any of the objectives but there was a lot heavy fighting on the right flank and the German's mounted an number of counterattacks which had me on the edge of my seat as ammo levels were becoming critical. Using smoke to blind HMGs etc was a very useful tactic. Careful placement of the AT gun played a part too with good frontal protection. Anyway, good to see it from the German side.

A couple of screenshots of the aftermath of a SS counterattack on the right flank:

cm_nor15.jpg

cm_nor16.jpg

Really enjoyable scenario.

Well played, looks like you went to town on the German infantry. I agree if the Germans get a foothold on the left, which allows them to overlook the park, its gives them an advantage and a good spot to position their armour.

One of the best VAAR's I've ever seen. Absolutely superb job! Your methodical handling of your troops was superb as well. Remind me to take you on in a PBEM game. :)

Thanks @Enigima6584, glad you liked the AAR. If you want one when RT is released let me know ad we'll get one up and running.

Back