Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMBN 82nd Airborne Mini-Tournament

Screenshot (62).pngScreenshot (56).png

Arkin and I have finished our battle. The causeway being the only route to take makes it a very tough attack. His opening arty really hit me hard. The spotter had over 100 kills. His first assault right after the barrage came close to getting thru before I could get a defense organized after all the damage. Once I did though several more assaults were never has close has the first one to breaking thru. After that was just a long grinding phase of him not really being able to get enough suppressing fire to make another serious attempt to cross. GG

I have two questions. During the long grinding phase of this battle ammo became a serious concern for a while. I noticed at least half of the injured pixeltruppen I would get mediced up produced zero ammo. They more mostly all killed without firing a shot in the opening arty barrage. Has anybody ever had that happen? Then of course some pixeltruppen would exchange weapons with the fallen which I know you can't prevent. But it did lead to a frustrating situation where troops had a ton of ammo but were out of it for the weapon they held and even worse they would not share it with troops that did have the correct weapon and needed it if they did not belong to the same unit. Is this a common inconsistency across the titles?

I know that sometimes if a gunner dies in a vehicle any old trooper can replace him and sometimes not, even the same type vehicle it is different from QB to QB or scenario to scenario. I ran into once within the same campaign, (the commonwealth CMBN one)

But to get back to my main question. I have seen troops from different platoons share ammo once they run completely out they would get it one mag at a time. Not in this game though even if the trooper next to them with the ammo did not have the correct weapon to use it. Anybody have an explanation for that..... or on the many times I mediced pixeltruppen and received no ammo for it?

The artillery bombardment was total guesswork and I only briefly viewed the scenario after 30 or so turns into the game. GG

The artillery bombardment was total guesswork and I only briefly viewed the scenario after 30 or so turns into the game. GG
I did not realize the damage was as bad has it was until I saw the end screen. I knew it was bad though.
Do you have any guesses on my ammo questions. Destroyed weapons from arty maybe. I know heavy weapons can be destroyed without killing the crew, not so sure about small arms and especially ammo though

Hello Shady and Artkin:
Regarding the ammunition issue, I examined the American unit's ammunition status in the scenario editor and found that it was set to "Adequate". I am unable to explain why giving medical aid failed to collect spare ammunition.

Regarding your completed game: A bit of a hiccup here. If I understand correctly, the two battles you fought against each other were "Angriffe der Grenadiere" and "No Better Place to Die". Both of these were German attacks. If that is correct then there has been a mixup because the two battles to be fought were supposed to be "Angriffe der Grenadiere" and "Shaul's Run". In the first one the Germans attack across the causeway and in the second one the Americans attack across the causeway. In each scenario one of you plays the Americans each time and the other plays the Germans both times (once as attacker, once as defender). The other two players got it right so I don't know what caused this misunderstanding. :confused: :unsure:

Hello Shady and Artkin:
Regarding the ammunition issue, I examined the American unit's ammunition status in the scenario editor and found that it was set to "Adequate". I am unable to explain why giving medical aid failed to collect spare ammunition.

Regarding your completed game: A bit of a hiccup here. If I understand correctly, the two battles you fought against each other were "Angriffe der Grenadiere" and "No Better Place to Die". Both of these were German attacks. If that is correct then there has been a mixup because the two battles to be fought were supposed to be "Angriffe der Grenadiere" and "Shaul's Run". In the first one the Germans attack across the causeway and in the second one the Americans attack across the causeway. In each scenario one of you plays the Americans each time and the other plays the Germans both times (once as attacker, once as defender). The other two players got it right so I don't know what caused this misunderstanding. :confused: :unsure:
i played an american attack in the first scenario and lost..... i dont recall the name of it i had a lot of tank support and had to preplan all my arty in setup phase to start on turn 1 and shoot all their ammo if that helps u know which one we played.... and i played the american defenders this time

Back