Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMBN Lt.Col. Timmes Digs In - Three New Variants.

Kandu

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I created three new variants for this scenario because some players found it too imbalanced in favour of the American player. It is indeed imbalanced but the degree to which players find it so depends both on the damage inflicted upon the American paras by the initial German bombardment and also by the patience of the German player vs possible aggression by the American. In any case, two of the new variants represent historical possibilities and the third is more hypothetical but not entirely out of the realm of historical possibility.

v3Art adds one battery of 105 mm guns and a FOO to the German side. Historically all three batteries of the 91. Artillerie Regiment were in range to the north of the position and mortar and arty fire harassed Timmes' position throughout. No other modifications have been made to relative force strengths as this issue will be randomly settled by the artillery.

v3Pln adds the (intentionally) omitted German platoon to 10.Kompanie bringing that company up to full strength (i.e. 31 more Grenadieren). See the new scenario notes for a fuller description of the availability of German units in the area. No modifications have been made to OBA (i.e. no additional 105 mm arty. as above.)

v3Swz has the III./1057 Grenadiers attacking Timmes' orchard earlier, at 1200 hours, in co-ordination with the II./1057's attack against Cauquigny. Captain Schwartzwalder is still in Cauquigny at this time and will try to reach Timmes as a reinforcement later in the scenario, and possibly not at all. This is accomplished by setting the arrive time span to reach well beyong the scenario end time. This scenario leaves Timmes with just 65 men rather than the 142 of the original scenario and the above two variants.

Also changed are the terrain victory locations. These are now slightly asymmetrical (i.e. different for the two sides) and allow the German player to pick up some points even if they never get into the orchard.

Unknown to players, unless they looked at the scenario in the editor, is that there are also asymmetrical parameter victory points which slightly benefit the German player, that is to say, the German player may score slightly better than the 'visible' results of combat. These are intentionally not described in the player instructions.

Last edited:
Back