Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMBN : Lucky_Strike’s Hedgerow Hell Mod Review (With War Movie Advanced by BarbaricCo)

Bootie

FGM OWNER
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
This Combat Mission Battle for Normandy mod contains new textures for all the above ground-level flora – Trees, Bushes (a couple are by Ez), Flower and Flowers Doodads, Clover Doodad, Grass and Weeds Doodads, Crop Doodads, Brush Doodads, Marsh Doodads and, of course, those Bocage textures.

I have started a scenario with the out of the box Combat Mission and added this modification - I chose the hi-res simple install from file #001..

Over it I also added the WarMovie Advanced Mode by BarbaricCo.

I think for a new Combat Mission player these 2 mods alone make the terrain look fantastic. You can find both these mods at https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/

The warmovie lighting looks very blueish on my screen... is that just something on my end, or is it supposed to be like that?

Have this mod installed too, looks great! Instead of the warmovie mod, I used Lucky strikes Reshade profile. Combined with the modpack I got from here, CMBN is looking very good! :)

Thanks for the heads up on this Bootie. Well done as always.

It would be nice if it were possible to be able to have a little snippet like this whenever there is something new added to the Depot or Warehouse just to get members attention.
(Besides I'm sure you have nothing else to do. :rolleyes: )

I have been using this mod since Lucky Strike made it available in the Battlefront forums. You do not need reshade to use this mod!
You will be amazed at how the foliage looks. It makes CMBN look amazing

I would love to see Lucky Strike do a foliage mod for CMRT!

I wasn't going to try it.
It seems my loading time is long enough but you've convinced me.
I'll give 'er a try. (y)
I saw no impact on loading time or performance. Maybe if you use the highest quality option available there is.
There is a choice of options available when you Install the mod

Nice... looks quite bright though?

Guess I had the 'bright summer day' reshade profile selected, he also provided a 'rainy day' setting. I really like the lighting reshade provides though, mainly at ground level. It's not always fitting and I guess some taste involved as well. Finally, probably even the type of monitor used will influence how things look (I use an 1440p IPS panel).

Usually I turn on the reshade only for watching movies though, on higher camera perspectives the lighting doesn't come out as nice as from the low perspective.

I can confirm no appreciable difference in loading time or performance using "standard " resolution

It took him 8 months so not likely but just out of interest have you tried it in CMRT... might give that a spin out in a future video to see how it holds up. :)
I guess asking for CMFI would be madness. Terrain covering all of Italy, all 4 seasons haha
A monumental undertaking!

Back