Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMBN or CMFI QB or Scenario

Do you prefer mid size for points, or do you prefer smaller maps?

For me there are just too many units to move. It gets too tedious to plot all the moves and to watch all teh action. Mid size battle is probably the biggest that I can stomach. I prefer larger maps though. the more space there is the more fun it is for me.

I agree that the micro-managing tons of units gets old pretty quick. I do think that a bigger map is nice when it gives us the room to manoeuvre. Ok, so we're looking at:
CMBN
Small
Large Map
Loose Rarity
Iron

Anything in particular you'd like to try? If you're still alright to play German, I'll stick with Allies

I am all right to play Germans.
I would like to limit artillery to on-board only and no TRPs.
Do you want to start another game?

Yeah I'm into it for sure. I can set it up, my only other question is, would you like to attack or defend? As opposed to a meeting engagement?

Oh... Hm...
I can do either. Do you have a preference?
If we play attack/defence (or Probe?) I suggest the attacker does not get to use TRP and the defender can't do the preplanned barrages.
Also for this type of game I am not sure if it is possible to defend on a large map.

Good point about defending on a large map. I agree with your rules about no TRP / preplanned barrages. I'll look into setting it up tomorrow evening, unless you'd like to set it up before then. I'd be open to being either attacker or defence

I am on the fence about attack/defense. Would you mind playing one more ME before we try Probe or Attack?

Before I create this match, is there a specific branch of the German army you'd like to play as?

Just the regular German army.
I am away from my PC until the evening. I will send you the turn either late today or tomorrow.

I can fit another game. Large QB. I have all the modules for CMBN, CMFB and CMFI. I would prefer to play with someone who can return at least one turn a day preferably more.

Hi! Thanks for the offer, I enjoy the regularity of our matches and they are always a challenge.

I have two games on the go, including the one with you. Once they're complete, I'm going to take a break from gaming, maybe for a long time. I love CM but I've got some big changes happening in my life and I won't have a ton of spare time.

But, if I have some breathing room in a few months, I'll be sure to message you! And of course I'll finish the current match we have going. Realistically, it can't go much longer :)

Oh, OK. Well, life goes on. We all play CM for a while then moe on and then maybe we come back.
Let me know if at some point you would be open to play another one.

Back