Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMBN third Campaign pictures only

L

Lighthorse

"The Road to Montebourg" PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 04 April 2011

New in-game screenshots from a surprise third (!) campaign that will be offered in Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy. This series of 20 screenshots focuses on the unique environment that fighting in Northwestern France in 1944 offers: hedgerow battles, varying weather, lighting and ground conditions (these can now change over the course of a single battle, so after heavy rainfall ground may become muddy, for a real tangible tactical effect in armored battles), and more...
http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1866&Itemid=458
Here some of the pictures;
A side note is the German uniforms are not so blue anymore, there is a CM gaming God after all.
000eroudeville%202.jpg

eroudeville.jpg

farmhouse%201.jpg

hell%206.jpg

stand%201.jpg

stuggin%20it.jpg

stugs%201.jpg

Lighthorse
:usa2:

I wish I could say that I am excited about the impending release of CMN. But I am not and really haven't even thought about it. Maybe when it is ACTUALLY released I will allow myself to think about it more.
Lord Bane

Im going to have to wait for it to hit Ebay at $20

I still have my doubts for the game system. For I never cared for CMSF gaming system at time. hate they set up, purchasing system and movement/combat control.
I already bought CMBN so I'm hoping for a major improvement.

Well... The underlying movement/control system is more or less the same we had in CMSF. It feels a bit clunky, but once one gets around to having memorized the (new) shortcuts and gettting used to how it works, it becomes less so.

The purchasing system has been reowrked as well, but still is quite different from CMx1. All those in doubt should wait for the demo really.

I am excited for this!!! The purchasing system is going to be different from both CMSF and CMx1, where you will be able to 'cherry pick' like in CMx1, but those units will need to be placed inside the existing C2 structure. Say you have an infantry company and you want to add a couple Shermans for support, and a few extra MG teams and a couple 81mm mortars, you can add all these units to the HQs of your choice, whether they be platoon or company level. As has been stated previous, those still in doubt can always wait for the demo and then decide. I personally love CMSF and think that CMBN may just be a direct gift from the war gaming gods, but that is just me ;)

I didn't get into CMSF because I'm not interested in modern warfare, but I played the demo and I found the gaming system interesting. I would say for me CMBN looks good for the moment.

Back