Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMBS 2v2/3v3 Three Mission Set

Artkin

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Hello,

I want to play a 3 scenario set depicting a Russian penetration behind Ukrainian lines. The two involved units would be Ukraine's 93rd Mechanized Brigade and Russia's 200th Motor Rifle Brigade. The 93rd Mechanized Brigade has been routed to set up a hasty defense of the area. Each side will split their brigades by 1/3, with the leftover troops being available the next scenario.

Support assets:
Artillery is a one time use. Whatever artillery you have on map (Besides the in formation mortars) will be considered expended by the end of each scenario. So use them completely.

The Russians will be allowed 4 pieces of air support per mission (2 formations) between fixed wing and rotary wing.
The Ukrainians will be allowed 2 pieces of air support per mission (1 formation) consisting of rotary wing aircraft only.
You are allowed to purchase 1 air controller per aircraft.
I did not include these since they are not organic to the brigades.

The composition of these units is public knowledge.

Untitled.png

The maps I intend to use are the TTR Master Maps. The Russians will attack from the east on each of the maps in numerical order.

1. TTR #1TTR1.png

2. TTR #2
TTR2.png

3. TTR #3
TTR3.png

Conditions will be random. Time for scenario 1 starts at 18:00. Scenario 2 at 00:00. Scenario 3 at 6:00. Each will have a 120 minute limit.

If i look at the force composition i get a feel that those are aplroximately equal forces. Wouldn't an attacker need to have at least 20% advantage to have a chance to win?
What am i missing?

I bet it is possible, the Russian side would need to operate as a whole as opposed to the spread out defense from the Ukrainian side.

Er... That would be not just huge but huge++ battle - regiment vs 2 battalions for example. I can't imagine the map size one would need for that.

Yeah I think it's possible since the russian kit is a little better. It wont be easy by any means though. Ukrainian brigades have twice the fire support

Maybe it is worth starting with something smaller - like a battalion+ (battalion woith some attached armor and airpower) attack on a battalion- (battalion with some assets missing)... and make the battles close to probe point-wise...

I just saw this post. Probus and I played out #1, the scale wasn't too bad. Also we lost a bunch of stuff so scenarios #2 and #3 could be less laggy.
I never saw your post @Larsen but yeah the scenarios were all pretty much battalion+, adding a battalion to each map, so slowly bumping up the forces unless you had a lot of success the previous match.

If anyone wants to play this after the my current game is finished, then I can incorporate the losses into both sides and start #2. I still want to play these maps out. They maybe not be polished perfectly, but they are pretty good, and there are a lot of interesting tactical dilemmas.
I had a T-64 scare, rushing infantry who were hiding in ditches at a quarry. My guys opened up with LAT's but the t-64's era shrugged off all the shots. It then proceeded to rape my infantry. I haven't had a tank vs infantry scare like that since playing Project Reality!
The maps are worth the time.

Back