Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMCW has just released on steam

greyfox

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Expect the 1.02 patch to release for the BFC version soon.

I was able to successfully obtain my Slitherine Steam Key, add the game to my Steam library, and download the game from Steam. :)

However, when I try to start the game from Steam on a Win11 OS PC, the game fails to run. Does anyone know what gives? :cry:
I've restarted my PC and changed the Steam Library CMCW executable on my PC to Win8 compatablity. Still no luck. My Battlefront version of CMCW runs just fine on this Win11 PC. Thanks in advance for any and all help. o_O

I was able to successfully obtain my Slitherine Steam Key, add the game to my Steam library, and download the game from Steam. :)

However, when I try to start the game from Steam on a Win11 OS PC, the game fails to run. Does anyone know what gives? :cry:
I've restarted my PC and changed the Steam Library CMCW executable on my PC to Win8 compatablity. Still no luck. My Battlefront version of CMCW runs just fine on this Win11 PC. Thanks in advance for any and all help. o_O
Common problem.

Somebody fatfingered something in the last second before pushing the code.

Hard to believe that Matrix doesn't have a Win11 PC to at least make sure the sucker starts after the last code change.

Works OK on my windows 11, having said that I clicked on the saved games button and it crashed to desktop. As I have no saved games on the steam version I'm wasn't bothered.

In the settings I found something with PBEM3 credentials, in which I had to put my slitherine account. Didn't crash on savegames in my case, although I'm still on windows 10 (and probably will remain for a good while as my otherwise perfectly fine cpu isn't supported).

Its getting looked into. Bear in mind Win11 was just released less than 2 months ago. There's no Win11 tickets yet, so if you want to help out then please start one.
Update: The Steam version of CMCW on my Win11 PC seems to have fixed itself as of today. Paolo from Slitherine Support gave me a lot of his time and attention this past week but couldn't figure out why things failed. It works now, so I wonder if something Steam related around Thanksgiving made it's way to fix the problem. All is well now. :)

Update: The Steam version of CMCW on my Win11 PC seems to have fixed itself as of today. Paolo from Slitherine Support gave me a lot of his time and attention this past week but couldn't figure out why things failed. It works now, so I wonder if something Steam related around Thanksgiving made it's way to fix the problem. All is well now. :)
Since posting this update, I've come to wonder if it is Win11 related instead. I've noticed that small or odd things change on that PC which I suspect are Win11 updates going on unbeknownst to me under the covers. Still, everything seems to be working well enough.

Since posting this update, I've come to wonder if it is Win11 related instead. I've noticed that small or odd things change on that PC which I suspect are Win11 updates going on unbeknownst to me under the covers. Still, everything seems to be working well enough.

I can't get the Automatic PBEM to work still.

Back