Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMFB Large Mirror Game

W

Will S

Looking for someone who would like to play a large purchase QB probe in the CMFB title. I'd like this to be a mirror game, where we play the same map from each side. American attack, German Defense. Non-Ladder. Iron Level.

Looking for an opponent who enjoys tactical and strategic fights, and enjoys making an effort at force preservation while achieving the objectives.

The agreements I always make are: No pre-planned arty/air from the defender and the defender will not purposefully target the attackers setup area. Attacking force will leave their setup area before engaging. (should be a non-issue on this map anyway)

In the past I have not made many other rules, but for this one we would need to agree to some guidelines for targeting HE rounds, and danger close arty/tank fire on friendly forces. Like setting up a platoon of tanks 1000 meters from a village and targeting them building by building 20m ahead of your assault infantry just isn't a go for me. Neither is calling massive off map arty within 50m of your own troops. Not sure exactly what the guidelines need to be, but we can discuss before we start. Hopefully something simple and to the point. Not trying to play by a rulebook, but trying to limit the extreme gamey play I have so often seen and don't really enjoy.

I have game engine 4 version 2.02 and would play that but I would also really be interested in retrograding to game engine 4 without the more recent version 2 patches. I think that would be like game engine 4, 1.02 or maybe just game engine 4 version 2.0.

Map is approx 1500 x 1500, mixed terrain, villages, farmland, forest, hills, rivers. Attack focuses on the road network and villages along a river. See pictures.

Don't have time for a bunch of different games right now, so I'm looking for the right opponent to take on in this setup.

Post me a message if you're interested and I can send you the map to check out, talk about guidelines, etc.

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 11.45.22 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 11.45.44 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 11.47.44 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 11.46.34 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That map seems nice. Is it a homemade one or is it the sceario map for Custer's Stand?

It's a bit of a stock map with a lot of my own doing. The base is the good old "133p", which I expanded and modified to give it a more real world feel. The elevation adjustments and micro changes are where I did a lot of the modifications, I find the topography in most maps to be a bit boring and not a reflection of a real world environment. I also like creating an area in which is seems feasible people would exist, sometimes I see the stock maps as kind of thrown together with little eye for the small details that make a map seem life like.

Anyway, Looking to give it a trial run and then put it out for others to enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back