Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMFB MAC OS HELP

The Great White North

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I have the PC wav files to minimize the background sound for PC but I can't seem to get them to work putting them in the mod folder... I have both bra and wav files... Am I missing something? I find the background volume way too loud in game... Any info would be appreciated!

Not sure what you mean. I run CMFB on a iMac MacOS 10.15.7. I just drop my volume down to 3 bars on my volume control which is optimum for me. I also switch off music. You cal also switch off background noise in the options panel when you start the game.

You can toggle sound on or off using the hot key Option-S. Or you can switch sound off from the options page

Not sure which background noise you are trying to lower? The chatter ? the guns firing ?

Hope this screenshot helps.

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 09.53.27.png

Yes I see that Im trying to toggle off the ambient sound aka background noise not the sound off completely.

There is a lot of background noise in FB unlike BN... Appreciate your reply... I have a mod for it but it doesn't work with Mac that turns it off (ambient) but leaves the actual units on map noise/sound on.

The most likely cause is that you have the wrong directory to put the mod.

Do other mods work when you put them into the same folder?

What path is your mod directory?

Do other mods (graphics etc) work when you put them into the same folder?

What path is your mod directory, exactly?

Back