Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

(CMFI series) Field Warrior Tournament coming Soon - Pre sign ups

SlySniper

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Posting this now, likely start date will be Christmas or the New years.
Its a tournament that has you playing 5 (approx. 30 minute scenarios) that no one has seen or played before and which they cannot access the files (so truly blind).
The tournament has lasted 9 to 11 months in the past.
The battles can be very challenging and you likely might be using units you would not see in QB format games.
Three battles are ready at this point and I can say, two of them could be nighmares for some players.

So if you are ready for a real challenge, sign up here. keep in mind other tournaments and commitments you might have. I know a steam tournament if coming soon, so dont over commit yourself .
But I have a group of players that just love the format I have come up with and we hope to see new players now that we are going to WW2 instead of just the modern stuff I have run in the past.

Make sure to review the rules below as to what you can expect in this tournament.

Drop your name if you want in and I will keep you informed.

General Rules:

Looking for players that are committed and mature enough to complete what they start and grown up enough to play through battles that might be hard on ones ego since you might be on the brutal end of an enemies attack. In three tournaments hoisted in the past. I find all players are not, and they either fade away or I remove them. (They are not allowed in any further events I run. So don’t bother to waste your or my time if you are someone that is going to fall into that category.

Please read through these rules and make sure you are willing to abide by them.

1. A dropbox folder is to be maintained with an invite to the Tournament master (Slysniper), this will provide me access to the game files if for any reason we need to replace a player or verify slow play issues.

Please name the dropbox files in a method that I can tell who is playing who

Example: ( Match 1 Jtimo vs grunt )

2. Game files can stay in the dropbox folder and not be deleted until I have copied them and I will remove them.

Or you can have the normal auto remove on but at some point I might pull them from achieve, copy them and then remove them once more.

3. No surrender at any time is allowed, if you want to end a game early, then use cease fire with both players agreeing to those terms, if one player wants to play on instead, allow him to do so until he is satisfied. It is in your own best interest to put up the best fight you can no matter what, throughout the whole battle (No one wants to be that guy that has the best score posted against him)

Also, some battles can be very one sided, so it’s not the point about if you are losing or not. It’s about the point as to not lose as bad as the other players playing the same side in the tournament.

4. If for any reason a player needs to drop out of game play, just contact me and let me know of your intentions and I will make sure any non-completed game will be finished for your opponent.

5. If pre-planned arty or air is available, you are allowed to use it. I will likely make sure the opponent will know that option is out there to possible be used against him in that battle.

In my tournament, if it’s available. You can release hell on turn one or however you want to use it.

Since there is at times no way for you to know where the enemy set up areas are since these are truly blind battles, it’s a risk reward decision in battles where I feel unit placement is not a given and you are taking a risk to use it in such a method.

You might guess right and hit the enemy or miss. Then there is the targets that are logical, so both sides should expect such tactics at possible locations.

6. If there is a problem with slow play by any participant, I will invite them to be dismissed from the tournament and will complete any unfinished game as necessary. (Slow play will be determined to be less than 5 Turns an week) exceptions allowed for vacations and trips and such as long as your opponent and myself are informed in advanced.

Do not bother to join if your only method is to try and play all your turns in one or two days of the week, that likely will not work with many of your opponents.

7. All battle have set time finishes, no variable endings are done in this Tournament format All games will be compared to each other playing the same amount of time. If by chance a setting is missed. Both players will cease fire at the expected end time of the scenario and then inform me of the issue.

8. Any additional questions, just post them here and they will be addressed.

9. And remember to have Fun, which is what it should be about

Scoring Format

The format is you will be given a selected force. Your mission will be to do the best you can with the situation you have been given and the scoring will be given out to the top 50 percent from each side of the battle.

So in other words, your side could be very challenging, but perform better than 50 percent of the players playing that side of the battle and you have won and will be given a point value as to how you have done.

Winners will get a score of somewhere between 80 to 100 points per match depending on how they have performed to each other. So best player will receive 100 points, lowest winner will receive 80 points, and everyone else is somewhere in between.

Scoring in scenarios will be your score minus your opponents score (as to how you will be selected for the top 50%).

Each round you will be in charge of a different Nations forces, so skill with all forces will be a factor. As well as both offensive and defensive skills

Battles are designed generally to be short and intense ( I have been keeping all battles at 30 minutes or less so far generally.)

If you are new to this, go review previous tournaments as to how this works if you have any questions.

well well well about 2 hours ago i chose my christmas present... had 2 outstanding titles to chose from cmfi or cmrt........ i went with rt........

guess i will have to wait for the next one to start up

@SlySniper - will all the FI modules be needed?
I cannot say for sure if needed. Since I have all of them installed on my system, all it takes is me selecting one element and then, yes it is needed.

I am not going to go out of my way to install lets say just the base unit original game and program all 5 scenarios to that. But I also cannot say I am going to use elements from all of the add ons.

So I have no clear answer, but I would assume I will likely be dipping into all the modules as to units and thus yes it is likely all modules will be needed.

I am not going to go out of my way to install lets say just the base unit original game and program all 5 scenarios to that. But I also cannot say I am going to use elements from all of the add ons.
If you select your tournament scenarios in the list after choosing "Battle" from the main menu, little green dots appear above the module icons that are required to play them.

Back