Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMRT film - homage to Rico's Cross of Iron campaign

O

Odin

@Rico as you know I thought your Cross of Iron campaign was awesome. I particularly enjoyed the final episode I played, called Blunting the Spear.

This encounter turned into a huge tank KO fest which I thought would make for a good AAR subject. So as a homage to Rico's campaign I've put together a film of the battle.

I've adopted a different style on this occasion to my usual commentry AARs, and tried to produce something which tells more of a story to reflect the fantastic storyline Rico developed for Cross of Iron.

Enjoy guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Rico, glad you enjoyed it. The final track is actually taken from the movie, The Cross of Iron.

Re the battle, those stugs came up good on the day. I love those workhorses - small, solid, and dependable. I think my high kill rate though had a lot to do with you playing 'in character' so to speak, and thats one of the reasons why I loved the campaign so much. It had a different feel to it than a standard PBEM, and a great storyline to boot. :salute:

Thanks Rico, glad you enjoyed it. The final track is actually taken from the movie, The Cross of Iron.

Re the battle, those stugs came up good on the day. I love those workhorses - small, solid, and dependable. I think my high kill rate though had a lot to do with you playing 'in character' so to speak, and thats one of the reasons why I loved the campaign so much. It had a different feel to it than a standard PBEM, and a great storyline to boot. :salute:

Yes, also, to keep in character the skill levels of the Russkie tank crews was mostly Green or Regular at best ... it was set up for a German victory ... but things could still go wrong if German commander misreads the sloping terrain ... if I remember correctly, Mehlsack limped away from this battle with only 3 battered running StuG's

@Odin, Absolutely Brilliant! I really enjoy the "cinematic" footage and the scene where you come behind a T-34 is Da Bomb.

Well done.

@Floki it was fun stalking some t34 prey.

@Rico I can see how things could quickly fall apart. Like you say, misread the lay of the land or have the defensive line broken by t34s and it would have turned into a blood bath.

Doh just realised Ive posted the thread in the modern CM2 forum. I'll put a link in CM2 WW2 forum.

Edit: thanks for movin g it to the screenshots and AAR page Bootie

Last edited by a moderator:
Great vid. Love the shot going straight under the moving Stug. Little things like that makes you appreciate just how much detail is simulated. o_O

Keep them rolling.
:panzer::panzer::panzer::panzer::panzer::panzer::panzer::panzer:

@Nathangun For recording I used Fraps. Ive also used OBS (which is free) for recording in the past. For editing I use Adobe Premiere Elements which is reasonably priced, has a good interface, and lots of tools for you to play around with.

Good luck, give me a shout if you think I can be of help :salute:

Cool VAAR Odin, thanks! You have a good eye for framing.

Which mod are those excellent German command voices?

@Kuderian the voices aren't taken from a mod. They're from a World of tanks video on Youtube. I recorded and added them to create a little more suspense.

That was a lot of fun to watch unless you were the Russian Commander! As we all know from playing this game, it is very rare to sneak up on the backside of an opponent like the Stug did here. Great video, Odin!

Back