Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMRT Fire and Rubble module

Concord

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Axis:
@Panzerknacker @Stafford @Shorker @Wellsonian @eniced73 @Coopes @Sgt Grunt @Panzer_Kraut @JTimo @Kraut @LastLeigh @Rik_atc

Soviet:
@Nathangun @Rico @Vatutin85 @Redbully @PhilM @Gunner @jobu88 @Fredrocker @olaf @MeatEtr @nektoman @George MC

Hello Good Men,

I just became aware recently of this module in development for CMRT.
I did a quick search this morning on it, but have run out of time.

Does anyone know more details?
In particular, when it is due for release and how much it will cost?

It will affect the Brigade Battles campaign, because players will probably not be able to do battles if everyone hasn't bought it and installed it.
It apparently will contain patches, which means everyone would need to be playing the same version of CMRT.
If it is released midway through our battles, everyone may need to avoid upgrading until current battles have completed.

Another HUGE issue is whether the maps we have assembled can still be used. I hope so.

kokoe

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
I know that there is no firm release date yet. I've been following it closely on the BF forum. Check out the RT forums there for more info.

Stafford

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
As a thought @Concord, maybe wait until a particular round of battles are finished, then separate the players into those with Fire & Rubble, and those without - only matching players can play each other. This way we shouldn't have any issues with game compatibility and the campaign can continue unhindered.

Does anyone know more details?
It takes Red Thunder to the end of the war. It includes winter and spring plus Berlin maps. The Soviets get lend lease equipment and there are some interesting and unique German gear and formations.

In particular, when it is due for release and how much it will cost?
Well all they ever say is "when it's ready" for release but as for cost I would suspect will will be similar if not the same as Rome To Victory.

It will affect the Brigade Battles campaign, because players will probably not be able to do battles if everyone hasn't bought it and installed it.

It apparently will contain patches, which means everyone would need to be playing the same version of CMRT.
If it is released midway through our battles, everyone may need to avoid upgrading until current battles have completed.

Players do need to be on the same version to play together but the way BFC is doing things now if I don't buy FR and you do as long as we both install the latest version (patch to the same version will be free for me) then we can play. If you start the campaign with scenarios created with RT then there should be no trouble starting games and upgrading them after the patch comes out. Or wait until those first rounds games are done and then have people patch.

Another HUGE issue is whether the maps we have assembled can still be used. I hope so.
Yes, 100% yes they will still be usable.

Pretty much +1 to everything the cat said! To help simplify, there will be 2 releases when FR ships, the stand alone patch for all base game owners and the FR module (which includes the patch). The main concern for you @Concord if you buy the FR module, just make sure you don't add units or buildings from the module to any future maps/battles you create. Any non-FR owners wont be able to play them.

Concord

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Axis:
@Stafford @Wellsonian @eniced73 @Coopes @Rik_atc @fabishd @Guardsman @Mad Mike @Sgt Grunt @Bill @holoween @sspoom @Ronnoc @Jackal2100 @Panzerknacker

Soviet:
@Nathangun @Rico @Vatutin85 @Redbully @PhilM @Gunner @jobu88 @MeatEtr @nektoman @Punky616 @goldeneale @Aurelius @Tchoup @Blady

Hello Good Men,

As Stafford flagged, this module is available for pre-order now. It is US$35.
Is everyone planning on buying it? With this group of bloodthirsty salts a better question might be is anyone NOT planning on getting it? :)

I'm not entirely sure if this could cause problems.
@A Canadian Cat can you confirm what you were saying above?
If one person has the Fire and Rubble module but the other doesn't they can still play?
I suppose it would rule out any new units being used. Might be fun to see what new units we can work into BB, even as GM additions.

So please let us know if you are NOT planning on buying it.

Stafford

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Bought and installed already!

I imagine people with F&R and those without can still play, I've played many PBEMs with people without the full range of expansions in both CMFI and CMBN, the easiest way to do this is to have the person without the expansions make the game, this way the extra units are not selectable by the other person.

Stafford

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Once installed run 'Activate new products - CMRT' in your CMRT root folder and input the code you received in your email from Battlefront, job done!

Concord

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Thanks, done.

I can see the date range has changed considerably.
At a glance, I spotted JS-2 tanks and King Tigers are now available.
But where are the Soviet Partisans? And still no German flamethrower teams? I wonder why.

Stafford

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Partisans are their own 'faction', dunno about the flammenwerfers - surely they had em?

Flamethrowers are there, but they have rarity.

Last edited:
I think the problem for a couple of days will be that BFC did not release the free patch to v2.10 yet, so only people who pre-ordered the F&R module currently have access to this version (as a full installer).
So for some days, people who installed the module now and people who don't will be unable to continue playing PBEM, due to version mismatch.
That should resolve itself once the free patch becomes available and everybody can go to v2.10.

jobu88

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
I got F&R but opponent does not, we will keep playing at version 2.02 for now and worry about upgrading later or even after we're done/