Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMRT refuses to workbeyond v1.03

drewshotsfan

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have EVERY single CM2 product, add-on, patch etc. Basically, the works. But when I downloaded the BP1 (yes, after upgrading to 2.12) the game started to act weird. Initially, it wouldn't "End" when selected from the splash screen, so I had to use Task Manager to close the game down. I had played the first three turns of a campaign. When I came to play again, the game simply would not load. No circle of death, just click on the application and absolutely no response whatsoever!

So, drastic action was required. Full uninstall (after saving my saved games onto a memory stick) and reinstall. Tried reinstalling straight in with 2.12. All files appeared to load ok, but as above, click on the application and nothing. Click on the Activate New Products and nothing happens there either

So, uninstall again, reinstall v1.03......and hooray, it works fine. But if I try to add upgrades/patches to v1.03 the same as above happens.....no response whatsoever! I have all my activation keys/codes, but I can't use them, because the Activate New Products doesn't work (as mentioned above), and you don't get that activation facility with v1.03

So, I'm stuck in a continual loop. Can play v1.03, but when I try to build up from there, dead as a dodo. Uninstall, load v1.03, it plays, try and load v2s and beyond, nothing.....rinse and repeat

All my other games are working fine. This is seriously doing my nut in!!! I've tried uploading with my system protection turned off as well, that didn't work either

It all went wrong when I started playing the BP1. I'm doing clean reinstalls every time, but nothing works beyond v1.03. HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP (please). I've raised a ticket with BF

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long, waffly explanation/summary

Drew (drewshotsfan....yes, I support Aldershot Town for my sins)

UPDATE

I get an error when trying to load 2.10 on top of 1.03. It stops just before the end, saying it can't find brz file number 200 (200.brz). Last night I did a full download of all files from BF. 200.brz wasn't in those files from BF

Drew

I replied to our email conversation but in case you see this first:

Yes, you never have to install bits and bobs one after another. You can download 2.12 installer that has everything one and done. Look for your original order entry for RedThunder and download the installer from there. That will now be the full installer and all you need. Any issues you should contact support who can look up the order and point you in the right direction.

Interesting. I have not upgrade RT yet, but this is exactly what happened to CMCW when I patched that game to 1.03 in Win10. Nothing happens when I try to start - no circle, no splash screen…. Nothing. BF was unable to resolve even after multiple “clean” installs. All other CM games run fine.
I’ll be interested to see what your resolution is…

(Running Win10 on a Mac i7 with AMD 5700xt card)

Interesting. I have not upgrade RT yet, but this is exactly what happened to CMCW when I patched that game to 1.03 in Win10. Nothing happens when I try to start - no circle, no splash screen…. Nothing. BF was unable to resolve even after multiple “clean” installs. All other CM games run fine.
I’ll be interested to see what your resolution is…

(Running Win10 on a Mac i7 with AMD 5700xt card)
Hi OPO

Did you resolve it in the end, and if so, how

Thanks

Drew

I replied to our email conversation but in case you see this first:

Yes, you never have to install bits and bobs one after another. You can download 2.12 installer that has everything one and done. Look for your original order entry for RedThunder and download the installer from there. That will now be the full installer and all you need. Any issues you should contact support who can look up the order and point you in the right direction.
Thanks CC

Tried that, still dead as a dodo

I've raised a ticket, but still waiting for a reply

Cheers

Drew

Hi OPO

Did you resolve it in the end, and if so, how

Thanks

Drew
It remains unresolved. BF Help Desk never found an answer and never really gave me options to try even after multiple tickets.

I can only play CMCW in native MacOS, where it (and all of the CM titles) has frequent crashes …possibly due to my GPU. One of the reasons I made a Win10 partition was to play the game without crashes :( .

FWIW no problem here on PC win 10. As you've already tried reinstalling etc I guess the best way forward is indeed a ticket. Try looking in the windows (error) logging to see if you can find any clues. Event viewer might be a place to look.

Back