Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[CMRT Scenario] Strongpoint Salas

Interesting. Smoked with all mortars since HE'ing trenches and pillboxes doesn't cause a lot of damage. Advanced behind and into smoke on objective. Game over as SMGs cleared trenches and pillboxes. Brought up MGs. Got in a few shots with antitank guns but they are pretty worthless. Add Soviet Engineers with Flame? Perhaps add wire to German defense? Problem is Soviet force isn't that strong so if caught in open without smoke they'll get torn up. Rushing from all sides does not work very well given you have an extension trench off objective that can dink the flanking squads. Well done.

Thanks for putting this together Rikugan. I enjoyed it.

The ditch graphics looked pretty good not sure if this is CMRT or the way you did it (this is my first CMRT game). The briefing screen looks professional (one point, you have the word "Situation" showing twice right at the start).

In my battle, at the start, I used up all of the Artillery on the houses in the objective, at the same time using the AT guns and MG's as covering fire for the approach. On the main attack front I only took two casualties on the advance up to the last ditch line. It was fairly easy to overrun the strong point given all the SMG's of the Soviets. The centre pillbox was taken out by one of the AT Gun's and the left pillbox by grenades. The third surrendered. The demo teams did not get used. The main attack front took another five casualties during the final assault and before the surrender with three minutes to go. Both flank attacks took some casualties from the pill boxes. It took me a long time to get them into position at I followed the ditch lines up to the flanks of the strong point.

I have shared the save game files to you via drop box so you can see my approach and the results. I found this map of Salas but is sounds like you have better sources anyway:

1067RR_%20Salas_spp_s02_Aug29_44.gif

Hope to see more adventures of the 2nd Penal Company?

Back