Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMRT WW1 GAME (Requires F&R)

Artkin

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Germans vs Russians. About a regiment vs regiment strength. Any larger map, any setting.

I have the forces designed according to what documents that I was able to find. These are the diagrams I based the forces off. They aren't perfect, but each side offers their own strengths and advantages. Machine guns are extremely valuable in this setting since they are limited.

germdiv1917.jpg

RusCorps.jpg

I designed the Germans with the Kriegsmarine. So they are primarily rifle squads with a few scattered LMG's. The Squad leaders all have MP40s. The Germans generally have better and a little more plentiful MG's (MG34). They also have access to very powerful artillery... the 150mm on map howitzers. The TOE calls for 105mm, but they aren't available on map and are way lamer than the on map pieces.

The Russians have slightly smaller infantry squads, but their troops have 2-3 automatic troops per 9 man rifle squads. They are 1-2 SMG and 1 DP trooper per squad. The platoons also have a sniper section. I cut out the SMG platoons that the companies came with, so each only has 2 platoons with 8 rifle squads total. The Russians have more battalions per regiment, better equipped squads (Historically inaccurate but I couldn't get them to be primarily rifles.. And the partisans come with little ammunition so they were off the drawing board), and have access to powerful offmap 122mm howitzers. They have twice the amount of 76mm guns as the Germans but they don't have access to the on map artillery.

So each side has it's drawbacks. Each side could be a little more historically accurate. But this seems to be a fun balance between the two sides.
If anyone can dig up some TOE resources for either side that would be appreciated. It's near impossible to find any resources on WW1 that isn't in a book.

Here is the master file if interested in the forces alone:

Well, since CMx2 already has an unrealistic High Casualty Rate...This WWI version will fit right in.

Back