Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMSF not working

B

Bidermann

Ok I have a new pc windows 7 prem

I have tried turning off the fire wall and also adding the program for it to be allowed . Set the security for full control of the game . I have installed all the patches but nothing happens at all , any ideas please?

Ok I have a new pc windows 7 prem

I have tried turning off the fire wall and also adding the program for it to be allowed . Set the security for full control of the game . I have installed all the patches but nothing happens at all , any ideas please?

All sorted, I set the game to run as windows xp service pack 3 and now it works

Hi @Biderman, I had the same problem when I bought a new PC with Win 7 some time ago and I was posting in the BF Forum and was searching for help and so on. The "key" is not to to run the programme with compatibility mode windows XP service pack 3 (or any other) but to do this (and it works for the most other games too and for all CMx2 games): When you start the game for the very first time, please do not just double click on the desktop icon of CMSF but make one right click and choose "run programme as administrator" * - then it runs and you can play CMSF with the full improvements and "power" of Windows 7. ;)

* I'm using Win 7 in German - maybe my own translation into English is somewhat incorrect, but it is the fourth menu point from above - the one with the shield symbol.

Yup, that's win7 protecting you from yourself :) I run everything as admin now and it makes things so much easier.

I
Hi @Biderman, I had the same problem when I bought a new PC with Win 7 some time ago and I was posting in the BF Forum and was searching for help and so on. The "key" is not to to run the programme with compatibility mode windows XP service pack 3 (or any other) but to do this (and it works for the most other games too and for all CMx2 games): When you start the game for the very first time, please do not just double click on the desktop icon of CMSF but make one right click and choose "run programme as administrator" * - then it runs and you can play CMSF with the full improvements and "power" of Windows 7. ;)

* I'm using Win 7 in German - maybe my own translation into English is somewhat incorrect, but it is the fourth menu point from above - the one with the shield symbol.

Thank you for the info , about running as admin , it works!! :)

Great! I'm glad though. You're always welcome, mate! :)

" win7 protecting you from yourself"... That's good! :D

Back