Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMSF2 QB/Scenario Hybrid

holoween

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I like playing large battles with combined arms units and i like playing them as quick battles. The problem is the maps are too small and the points arent really sufficient for western forces so ive come up with a solution id like to test.

Ive taken the South Sarahni map and added a number of ground objectives that should make for an interesting battle.
Ive left the Units empty so each player can edit in his troop choice.
Points cost will be cross referenced with the quickbattle points with a limit of 25k points.

Please send a pm if youre interested in playing something lkie that.

It's an intriguing idea. From memory, a full Stryker battalion runs to 14K or so in CMSF (it's more like 22K in CMBS, I think), so 25K is a fair chunk of change.

One of the hurdles, I imagine, is the map loading times. I imagine that would get old pretty fast.

As soon as you get some tanks those 25k points look quite low. But the point of this is to allow for a full combined arms battalion.

I havent really run into too many issue with the loading time so far. Id say the ammount of orders youll have to give and the time this takes is the bigger problem.
Then again with syrians you already easily get to those numbers so restricting it to bluefor makes it quite managable.

Too much on my plate now, but sure like the idea! In the editor the Syrians get more fangs too (especially if uncon & regular can combine).

Back