Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Combat Mission: Fall of the 3rd Reich - ROUND 1 - thread closed

While we wait for admin to organise us a dedicated section up amongst the campaigns and tourney section, I'd thought I'd keep things moving along by posting the draw for the ROUND 1 battles.
Players can so long get in touch with your opponents.

Fall 3rd Reich Round 1a.jpg

ROUND 1 BATTLES - ALLIED PROBE
(clockwise around the map starting at left)

US 3rd ARMY
COBRA - @MeatEtr vs @DoubleD

US 1st ARMY
CHERBOURG - @Nort vs @A Canadian Cat

21st ARMY GROUP
CAEN - @A Canadian Cat vs @sspoom

BALTIC FRONT
RIGA - @holoween vs @Mad Mike

BELORUSSIAN FRONT
SMOLENSK - @DoubleD vs @Nort

UKRAINIAN FRONT
TARNOPOL - @Mad Mike vs @Stafford

SOUTHERN FRONT
JASSY - @Concord vs @Paleolithic Monk

BRITISH 8th ARMY
TARANTO - @Stafford vs @Concord

US 5th ARMY
SALERNO - @Paleolithic Monk vs @MeatEtr

US 7th ARMY
ANVIL - @sspoom vs @holoween

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUICK BATTLE SETTINGS

Battle Type: Probe or Meeting Engagement (alternating each round)

Battle Size: Small

Length: 30 minutes

Map: Provided by GM -- MAP PREVIEW allowed

Region: (attacker selection - not sure if relevant)

Year: 1944

Month: Attacker choice

Daylight: DAY (default - can be changed by agreement by BOTH players)

Weather: Random

Ground: Random

Rarity: Standard

Combat Force: MIX (is default but players can agree on other settings like all-infantry... as long as they are reasonably balanced)

Service: attacker and defender each can discuss and choose - (just make sure that if you set it to MIX, that the arm of service or country actually HSA tanks or armour)

Unit purchase: Human

LIMITS

Artillery

Meeting Engagements: no TRPs, no pre-planning artillery.
Probe: defender is allowed to purchase TRPs, attacker allowed to set pre-planned artillery missions.

No limits on calibres -- too few points anyway for anything large and battles too quick.

Big Cats
No limits

Air Support
No air support allowed.

The above settings are the DEFAULT -- if they want, PLAYERS can adjust these settings for their particular battle by mutual agreement/consent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The QB MAPS for ROUND 1 will be posted this by evening (if I don't run out of time) or some time over the weekend.

Last edited:
Sounds good! But two things I think we should reconsider, 1 cat limit and not randomizing ground conditions. I know the big cat limit is debatable but certainly dont want to get or give my opponent the unluckiness of getting muddy/wet ground while attacking. In small battles this could make all the difference.

Yeah sorry I missed the earlier thread discussing QB rules.

Sounds good! But two things I think we should reconsider, 1 cat limit and not randomizing ground conditions. I know the big cat limit is debatable but certainly dont want to get or give my opponent the unluckiness of getting muddy/wet ground while attacking. In small battles this could make all the difference.

Yeah sorry I missed the earlier thread discussing QB rules.

Good points -- we'll randomise weather but not ground conditions.

CATS
Ok, we can limit Axis to 1 big cat in normal battles (Axis defender only needs Draw or Minor Defeat to stop Allied player advance)

But -- NO limits in an Axis counter-attack battle.

Last edited:
Thread closed -- moved to here:

Back