Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Combat Mission: Fall of the 3rd Reich - ROUND 2

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Website
www.youtube.com
The German counter-attack at Smolensk is now underway! My scouts have spotted the Soviet troops in the area and report back they are all wearing brown pants in preparation for the coming battle. ;)

The stink will inspire my forces to rush forward and smother the German pigs in our excrement.

I have played Monk several time before and lost more than I've won. That together with no limit on big cats has me worried, time to get my brown trousers on :confused:

Blady

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
@holoween your last file 004 is not being recognized by my CMRT, even though it is in my Incoming Email folder.

IIRC some people were saying that if you don't have the Fire&Rubble module installed, you need a patch upgrade. Can anyone confirm?
Did you do this? If not, it might explain why the file is not showing up (although oddly your 002 worked okay).
Are you up to v2.11? The v2.11 patch is for everyone, F&R owning or not.

holoween

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Jassy.jpg
4 Pz4H sitting in hulldown positions when a full platoon of T34s unloads tankriders in front of them.
4 T34 KOd in 2 min of contact with the remaining T34 and Su85 destroyed a few turns later.

If it continues like this the Reich might not fall afterall.

Blady

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Jassy was an utter fiasco for the Russians.
Both @holoween and I got about half a dozen medium tanks and some infantry.
All my tanks destroyed within minutes. I don't think my crews fired even a single AP round.
Ah well.... the gulag is not as bad as they make it out to be. It'll be over quick... :sneaky:

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Website
www.youtube.com
Jassy was an utter fiasco for the Russians.
Both @holoween and I got about half a dozen medium tanks and some infantry.
All my tanks destroyed within minutes. I don't think my crews fired even a single AP round.
If it's any conciliation my Germans have @holoween on the ropes, I just hope he doesn't have a knockout jab somewhere because my LXIV Corp are a bit punch drunk.....

holoween

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
If it's any conciliation my Germans have @holoween on the ropes, I just hope he doesn't have a knockout jab somewhere because my LXIV Corp are a bit punch drunk.....
Yea i really misbought my troops. I massively overestimated the t34.
Id consider dragging this anywhere close to a draw a win at this point.

Gunner

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Whoa. You guys are complete all ready?
What? Do you guys, like, live next door to each other or something?
;)

Going forward everyone would you post a result please post which battle it is?
This way I don't have to think and hurt my head.

So after the first completion this is what I have so far.....

faGtsCV.jpg

Stafford

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
@Concord stick it out mate, nothing to knock the rust off like practice!

Also we're looking for another challenger over at KOTH, the short tiny battle format has been a hellava lot of fun! :D(y)

Concord

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Thanks guys. I could reconsider.

Although it's kind of like a boxer getting back into training after years out of the ring.
You don't expect him to immediately go for the middle-weight title against guys who are at the top of their game. He will end up in hospital. :whistle:

Plus, if I'm honest with myself, I've been allowing my time to creep into games a little too much lately. Running and developing campaigns on FGM primarily!
Started the gym again this afternoon - first time back after a series of lockdowns here. Fighting the good fight against middle-aged paunch. :D Gotta keep it going.
I also just bought a MIDI keyboard. I promised myself that I would learn to play keyboards this year and get into music production.
Then there's learning computer animation. So much fun, important stuff to do, and only 24 hours in each day. Some things gotta be sacrificed to the god of time. :)