Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Combat Mission: Fall of the 3rd Reich - ROUND 2

Gunner

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
'morning Gents,
It's the end of the first week and was wondering if I could get a status update?

This is what I have so far:

CvP3iB4.jpg

Paleolithic Monk

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reports from the front-

@DoubleD and I are at 16 min to go for the battle of Smolensk. However my Panther is really ruling the battle.
over run 1.JPG

@Stafford and I are at 19 min to go for the battle of Salerno. I just lost my last remaining M-10 TD, so basically I don't have any real AT assets against his Panther and PzKpfw IV. I'll be hitting the ceasefire or surrender soon. No point in wasting time just to get over run.
I'm not going to use Panthers or Tigers for the remainder of the tourney. Given the points available and short time to complete each battle, I think the larger tanks just dominate. For future battles, if my opponent has a Panther or Tiger, I'll attempt a few shots at it, but if it begins to just kill everything, I'll forfeit that battle.

Stafford

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
If it makes you feel any better I felt kinda dirty picking it, Panthers are rediculously strong especially in smaller battles.
I'm always open to negotiation on armour though, ie, I won't bring the big cats if you don't bring any fireflies/76mm armour.
The Pz IV may still have the wood over a Sherman 75 from a gun point of view, but a Sherman is well capable of killing a Pz IV frontally given the right circumstances - so I feel the matchup is fair(er).

No reply for 3 days. All's well @A Canadian Cat? Maybe just forgotten about me. Or knocked himself out rolling his eyes at my noob hi-jinks. ;)
Busy weekend building a deck. You should have a turn now. I totally forget how much time is left but were on turn 019 so that's 8 minutes in I believe.

Oh yeah and that was the wildest tank ride ever. BTW if I ever tired to do something like that my tank would be dead long before you made it back to your lines. Talk about lucky.

Concord

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
The battle of FALAISE is complete, with a Canadian total victory.
I surrendered after losing my last tank.

With both battles this round, which were mostly tank vs tank, I didn't even see my opponent's armour, except for a couple of very brief glimpses.
Across a variety of circumstances, I watched my tanks get destroyed without anything more than an enemy sound marker.

Despite such farcical buffoonery, I have decided to continue to play and re-learn the game.
Clearly I am out of touch with how to compete effectively, but I may be able to correct that with some practice.
Thanks for the encouragement to continue.

Drifter Man

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
With both battles this round, which were mostly tank vs tank, I didn't even see my opponent's armour, except for a couple of very brief glimpses.
Across a variety of circumstances, I watched my tanks get destroyed without anything more than an enemy sound marker.
I think we all know these situations when we keep getting hit without seeing anything - but here's a bunch of test results showing what matters in armor duels:
https://community.battlefront.com/topic/138227-some-tank-duel-tests-cmbn/