Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Combat Mission: Fall of the 3rd Reich - ROUND 4

Getting ready to kick off Round 4 -- player draw done -- will need a couple more days maybe to double-check the battle maps.

We welcome to the tourney roster @Hohenfels who will take command of the Soviet Southern Front.

It's MEETING ENGAGEMENT battles this round (including the Axis counter-attack)

Being the armies having advanced the furthest, US 3rd Army and 8th Army were candidates for getting counter-attacked, random draw determined US 3rd Army will face the Axis counter-offensive this time around under the command of General Von @Nathangun

Here the updated map:

Fall 3rd Reich Round 4i.jpg

ROUND 4 BATTLES - ALLIED PROBE
(clockwise around the map starting at left)

Battles listed as: Allied Attacker vs Axis Defender - all battles this round are MEETING ENGAGEMENTS

Reminder: Everybody fights TWO battles each Round.

US 3rd ARMY (AXIS COUNTERATTACK)
LORRAINE - @MeatEtr vs @Nathangun - ALLIED TOTAL VICTORY

US 1st ARMY
SIEGFRIED LINE - @Nort vs @Paleolithic Monk - ALLIED MAJOR VICTORY

21st ARMY GROUP
FALAISE - @A Canadian Cat vs @Mad Mike - AXIS TACTICAL VICTORY

BALTIC FRONT
KONIGSBERG - @holoween vs @Hohenfels - ALLIED TOTAL VICTORY

BELORUSSIAN FRONT
MINSK - @DoubleD vs @Nort - ALLIED MAJOR VICTORY

UKRAINIAN FRONT
LVOV - @Mad Mike vs @Stafford - ALLIED MAJOR VICTORY

SOUTHERN FRONT
JASSY - @Hohenfels vs @A Canadian Cat - ALLIED TOTAL VICTORY

BRITISH 8th ARMY
GOTHIC LINE - @Stafford vs @DoubleD - ALLIED TOTAL VICTORY

US 5th ARMY
MONTE CASSINO - @Paleolithic Monk vs @holoween - AXIS MAJOR VICTORY

US 7th ARMY
RHONE VALLEY - @Nathangun vs @MeatEtr - AXIS TOTAL VICTORY

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUICK BATTLE SETTINGS (edited after further input)

Battle Type: Probe or Meeting Engagement (alternating each round)

Battle Size: Small

Length: 30 minutes

Map: Provided by GM -- MAP PREVIEW allowed

Region: (attacker selection - not sure if relevant)

Year: 1944

Month: Attacker choice

Daylight: DAY (default - can be changed by agreement by BOTH players)

Weather: Random

Ground: Attacker selection

Rarity: Standard

Combat Force: MIX (is default but players can agree on other settings like all-infantry... as long as they are reasonably balanced)

Service: attacker and defender each can discuss and choose - (just make sure that if you set it to MIX, that the arm of service or country actually HSA tanks or armour)

Unit purchase: Human

LIMITS

Artillery

Meeting Engagements: no TRPs, no pre-planning artillery.
Probe: defender is allowed to purchase TRPs, attacker allowed to set pre-planned artillery missions.

No limits on calibres -- too few points anyway for anything large and battles too quick.

Big Cats
1 cat limit per normal battle

NO limit in AXIS counter attack battles.

Air Support
No air support allowed.

The above settings are the DEFAULT -- if they want, PLAYERS can adjust these settings for their particular battle by mutual agreement/consent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• CMBN - Fall 3rd Reich Round 4.zip
    42.2 KB · Views: 7
  • CMRT - Fall 3rd Reich Round 4.zip
    24.2 KB · Views: 10
  • CMFI - Fall 3rd Reich Round 4.zip
    86.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Heads up -- the QB battle maps are now available for download from the first post of this thread.

As it's a ME battle, the AXIS counter-attack battle uses the same CMBN map as all the other Western Front battles.

Good luck. Hope they are fun and challenging (I know the CMFI one will be a tough nut)

Let me know asap if there are any problems -- double-checked them, but there are always possible CN gremlins at work :cool:

Hey @Nathangun I went ahead and setup our CMBN battles. I chose US Army and German Army for your sides, let me know if this is ok. Also chose Loose rarity to give us both more wiggle room when buying our units. Let me know if you want to change something!

qZ75xAS.jpg

Hey @Nathangun I went ahead and setup our CMBN battles. I chose US Army and German Army for your sides, let me know if this is ok. Also chose Loose rarity to give us both more wiggle room when buying our units. Let me know if you want to change something!

qZ75xAS.jpg

Hey thanks @MeatEtr
We have had a heatwave all week here, which is a rare and likely our "Summer" and hadn't been in to be on the PC much.
For our Rhone Valley battle, would you prefer CMBN or CMFI?

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Website
www.youtube.com
No problem. My new first turn is now in our DB folder. If any aspect of the setup is not to your liking, just let me know and we can get it straightened out. Good luck to you.
Up and running, battle for Minsk has kicked off and may the great armies of non-hatted comrades advance on towards Berlin and VICTORY!!!

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Website
www.youtube.com
The valiant Wehrmacht advance tentatively to the Three Peaks on the Gothic Line against the undefeated @Stafford, battle is up and running. We must hold the line….

Also, The Great Un-hatted Undesirables push into the villages surrounding Minsk as we face off against General Von @Nort. We’ve defeated him once before, I have every confidence that my comrades can push him out of Russia. For the MOTHERLAND!