Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Combat Mission: Fall of the 3rd Reich - ROUND 4

Stafford

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
@Stafford well played. Most of the match I didn’t get Eyes on your force, just sound contacts. The Wasps were devastating. Putting down mortars to try and deter them but they seemed to be too far back, out of my direct LOS. I’m just disappointed I couldn’t stop you.

Cheers mate. I think you were on the tougher side of the map, as mentioned earlier your vehicular access to the hill is pretty limited and the map should be edited to open your side up more.
You did cause the odd casualty to the wasps with your mortars (exposed reloaders) but after figuring out what you were doing I was dashing them up, giving a quick squirt, then retreating to get you to expend your mortar ammo - I wanted to make sure when I eventually did push over the top en masse that my grouped up guys wouldn't be under mortar bombardment.
The final assault was also delayed by at least 7-8 minutes, was going to do a heavy fire mission on your hill crestline but somehow fucked up my C2 chain and the spotting officer couldn't establish a link, so I had to push them forward and go direct fire - which wasn't easy in that fog! Wasn't going to ask my guys to make like Gallipoli and go over the top without suppressing your MGs first! :eek:

I was surprised you didn't contest your left side of the map though? I know it's not ideal terrain but giving it to me for free allowed me to take control of that flank very quickly - why was this?

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Website
www.youtube.com
With Only the one certain access route (the road) for my armour I decided to push your left flank on masse. I was trying to break through with armour support, take the ridge line and then try and enfilade your left flank, getting fire behind the hill line. Without the Wasps I figured I could get my MGs on the ridge and then suppress your force enough to get you to have to wheel left, letting me push you across and off the primary objective. I figured If I could be quick enough your forces on your right flank would be too slow to bring forward to engage and by the time you got there I could hold the hill and hit you rear forces, mortars etc. The Wasps slowed me down too much and without infantry support the armour got hit by the Piats. Oh well

With Only the one certain access route (the road) for my armour I decided to push your left flank on masse. I was trying to break through with armour support, take the ridge line and then try and enfilade your left flank, getting fire behind the hill line. Without the Wasps I figured I could get my MGs on the ridge and then suppress your force enough to get you to have to wheel left, letting me push you across and off the primary objective. I figured If I could be quick enough your forces on your right flank would be too slow to bring forward to engage and by the time you got there I could hold the hill and hit you rear forces, mortars etc. The Wasps slowed me down too much and without infantry support the armour got hit by the Piats. Oh well
Yep as the Germans on this imbalanced map I was doing the same. Effectively rotating the map to our right flank getting AFV access to the top hill. I also gave my left flank away, just no need for it, but I did temporarily leave some troops and a tank to slow down my opponent. I think the plan would of turned out to be successful.

Stafford

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Yep as the Germans on this imbalanced map I was doing the same. Effectively rotating the map to our right flank getting AFV access to the top hill. I also gave my left flank away, just no need for it, but I did temporarily leave some troops and a tank to slow down my opponent. I think the plan would of turned out to be successful.

What forces did your opponent have?

Gunner

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
I'm probably not going to be around for awhile.
A hurricane (Henri) is coming up the coast almost right at me. Land so I m anticipating several days or longer of no electricity.
Hopefully flooding won't be an issue.
Anyway, I thought I would ask for an update today instead of tomorrow.

It looks like only two games are still up and running.

@Mad Mike , @A Canadian Cat , @Hohenfels , status update?

End of Week 3

34Tsfhk.jpg

Breaking news from Falaise - The Canadians surrender to the might of the German Army:

falaise1.jpg

180 GE vs CAN IanL.jpg

Special commendation goes to Obergefreiter Peric, who singlehandedly took out two Shermans with his Panzerschreck:

falaise2.jpg

@Rico @Gunner fyi..

Thanks for the game @A Canadian Cat , it was most entertaining. Halfway through I thought that I wouldn't have any chance, but the Schrecks saved the day.

Thanks for the game @A Canadian Cat , it was most entertaining. Halfway through I thought that I wouldn't have any chance, but the Schrecks saved the day.
Yeah I really lost my advantage. I don't want to say I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory because that would not reflect your smart play.