Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Combat Mission: Fall of the 3rd Reich - ROUND 6

I have updated and done the random draw for the battles for Round 6. Two players (@MeatEtr and @Stafford ) have reached the last slot and a victory this round will make them winner(s) of the toruney.

US 1st ARMY gets hit by a possibly last-gasp German counter offensive.

This round the battles are MEETING ENGAGEMENTS -- It might take me a while to get all the quick battle maps ready -- going on a family trip 5 - 15 Nov and have a lot of work to finish before I leave next Friday, but hopefully I can get them out before then.

Fall 3rd Reich Round 6b.jpg

ROUND 6 BATTLES - MEETING ENGAGEMENT
(clockwise around the map starting at left)

Battles listed as: Allied Attacker vs Axis Defender - all battles this round are MEETING ENGAGEMENTS

Reminder: Everybody fights TWO battles each Round.

US 3rd ARMY
NUREMBURG - @MeatEtr vs @Paleolithic Monk -- ALLIED TOTAL VICTORY

US 1st ARMY (AXIS COUNTER ATTACK)
ARDENNES - @Nort vs @Mad Mike

21st ARMY GROUP
FALAISE - @A Canadian Cat vs @Stafford

BALTIC FRONT
DANZIG - @holoween vs @Nort

BELORUSSIAN FRONT
POZNAN - @DoubleD vs @A Canadian Cat

UKRAINIAN FRONT
LUBLIN - @Mad Mike vs @DoubleD

SOUTHERN FRONT
PLOESTI - @Hohenfels vs @holoween

BRITISH 8th ARMY
PO VALLEY - @Stafford vs @Nathangun

US 5th ARMY
MONTE CASSINO - @Paleolithic Monk vs @Hohenfels

US 7th ARMY
BELFORT - @Nathangun vs @MeatEtr -- AXIS TOTAL VICTORY

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUICK BATTLE SETTINGS (edited after further input)

Battle Type: Probe or Meeting Engagement (alternating each round)

Battle Size: Small

Length: 30 minutes

Map: Provided by GM -- MAP PREVIEW allowed

Region: (attacker selection - not sure if relevant)

Year: 1944

Month: Attacker choice

Daylight: DAY (default - can be changed by agreement by BOTH players)

Weather: Random

Ground: Attacker selection

Rarity: Standard

Combat Force: MIX (is default but players can agree on other settings like all-infantry... as long as they are reasonably balanced)

Service: attacker and defender each can discuss and choose - (just make sure that if you set it to MIX, that the arm of service or country actually HAS tanks or armour)

Unit purchase: Human

LIMITS

Artillery

Meeting Engagements: no TRPs, no pre-planning artillery.
Probe: defender is allowed to purchase TRPs, attacker allowed to set pre-planned artillery missions.

No limits on calibres -- too few points anyway for anything large and battles too quick.

Big Cats
1 cat limit per normal battle

NO limit in AXIS counter attack battles.

Air Support
No air support allowed.

The above settings are the DEFAULT -- if they want, PLAYERS can adjust these settings for their particular battle by mutual agreement/consent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• CMRT - Fall 3rd Reich Round 6.zip
    76.7 KB · Views: 5
  • CMFI - Fall 3rd Reich Round 6.zip
    80.8 KB · Views: 9
  • CMBN - Fall 3rd Reich Round 6.zip
    91.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Paleolithic Monk

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
No worries man, we appreciate your tourneys and will wait. Truth be told, I gotta boat load of battles going on now and sure dont mind a delay! (y)
Yep, guess I have both published. Lot's of pressure on me to stop the MeatEtr steam roller!

P.S. What the hell @Rico? I gave you $50 NOT to fight him!

I missed this somehow.

Same deal with my CMFI battle vs @Nathangun DB invite sent with our setup file inside. Picked US Army for you, let me know if you want something else.

Remember this is an ME so no TRPs or pre planning arty/mortars! :D

Edit: Wait a minute, should this battle be CMBN as well? We can switch to that if you want, your call!

File received and returned.

OK, first file done. It's in the same dropbox we used earlier in this tournament. Do you need a re-invite?
A quick question @Mad Mike The battle size must be set to "small." When I open the file, it says "medium." I think that will make a difference with regard to the number of units each side can purchase. Can you please either confirm that you set the battle to "small," on the one hand, or restart the battle as a "small" battle if you accidentally set it at "medium" initially, on the other hand?

Thanks.

A quick question @Mad Mike The battle size must be set to "small." When I open the file, it says "medium." I think that will make a difference with regard to the number of units each side can purchase. Can you please either confirm that you set the battle to "small," on the one hand, or restart the battle as a "small" battle if you accidentally set it at "medium" initially, on the other hand?

Thanks.

Hi Nort, the battle size is set to small.
I believe the "Medium" refers to the map itself, so this seems to be a map for Medium battles, but there shoul dbe nothing preventing us having a small battle on it either.

Gorst

FGM Corporal
FGM MEMBER
AFAIK QBs are always shown as size "medium" in the save game menu. It may be a bug.