Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Combat Mission - Multi-Player - Role Playing

Kandu

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Currently a local friend and I are co-operatively playing CMBN campaign "For King and Country". It is working very well. For smaller battles we take turns being the armour or infantry commander and for the larger ones we divide the assets into two combined arms forces. King and Country lends itself very well to this scheme. The first player to issue orders 'saves' the game and after the second moves he also 'saves' before pressing "PLAY". By both saving first, both can view the resolution phase.

Into the new year a third local player will be joining us and our plan is to co-op role-play my Bloody Buron Overhaul scenario. To that end I have provided appropriate intel documents to accompany the scenario. These have been included in the upload to the Scenario Depot. Co-op role playing is turning out to be an enjoyable unadvertised way to play. This can also be extended to H2H games as we have recently discovered playing one of my 82nd Airborne scenarios. However, co-op H2H is very time consuming. I think that most would find it more enjoyable with smaller scenarios and not my large creations.

Last edited:
Despite 2v2 sometimes being time consuming (At one point we managed to get 2-3 turns a day in) it is absolutely worth the investment. If I were to play a game like this I'd prefer dividing everything by their respective commands. Infantry would be led by infantry commanders (Exception Americans and late war Germans with tanks in the infantry divisions) and tanks led by armor commanders. On the tactical and the operational level.

For King and Country is a great campaign! I recommend reading the books on the Sherwood Rangers and their CO Stanley Christopherson.

Back