Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Combat Mission Tourney: Fall of the 3rd Reich - Rules and Requests

Gunner

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Rico has asked me to help with keeping the tournament on track while he updates the strategic map and prepares the tactical maps for the next battle.
We know it’s going to be a long tournament and I know Real Life will pop up now and then so players may be away for a long weekend or holidays, vacations, emergencies etc.
The below rules are designed to just help keep the tournament on track and running smoothly.

Most, if not all, of the scenarios will be 30 minutes long.

1 – The expected average turn rate is 5 turns per week.

2- If you will not be able to make a move for more than 3 days please let me and your opponent know.
If you do not hear from your opponent for more than 3 days please let Rico and I know.

3 - If for some reason you need to take a break:
a) Coordinate with your opponent how to catch up on turns.
b) If you do not think you can make up the turns in time you can ask someone to step in for a turn or two while you are away or for that matter finish the round for you.
I can always step in for a turn or so or you could ask a friend to.

4 - If for some reason a player disappears for longer than three days someone else (a replacement?) can step in to finish and/or start the next round.

5 – Please send your password by private message to Rico and me so if necessary someone can step in.
*If you can make it the same password for all your battles it would make life for me and my spreadsheet skills a lot easier. J

6 – This is not so much a rule (yet ;) ) as a request. So we can keep track, if at a minimum please give an update on a weekly basis.
Even just a quick note as to what turn or minute you are up to this way I don’t have the hassle of having to reach out and bother anyone.
It would be greatly appreciated.

Note: All rules are flexible. They can be added to or modified at any time.

Let me know if you have any questions or input.

Good luck, good hunting and have fun!

@MeatEtr @DoubleD @Nort @A Canadian Cat @sspoom @holoween @Mad Mike @Stafford @Concord @Paleolithic Monk

Paleolithic Monk

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
I just purchased Fire and Rubble through Battlefront. I’m waiting to update until I hear back from @Concord since we are down to the last minute of our current match. Looks like it will patch up to 2.10, but I don’t see that update as an individual download yet. Don’t want to mess up the battle on the possible last turn.
I’d like to use the module for the tourney but completely support not using if some of the players don’t want to purchase. I just hope 2.10 is downloadable soon.

I just purchased Fire and Rubble through Battlefront. I’m waiting to update until I hear back from @Concord since we are down to the last minute of our current match. Looks like it will patch up to 2.10, but I don’t see that update as an individual download yet.
Correct it will also patch the game to 2.10. Currently there is only the full installer the patch file is not ready yet. Soon it's in the works...

Don’t want to mess up the battle on the possible last turn.
I’d like to use the module for the tourney but completely support not using if some of the players don’t want to purchase. I just hope 2.10 is downloadable soon.
You can install 2.10 into its own directory and play both versions while you wait for your current games to finish.

Paleolithic Monk

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Correct it will also patch the game to 2.10. Currently there is only the full installer the patch file is not ready yet. Soon it's in the works...

You can install 2.10 into its own directory and play both versions while you wait for your current games to finish.
Thanks for the information. I currently have 2 installs of CM:RT on my hard drive. 2.10 F&R works great, and it looks like my existing MODs are working. I played and sent back turns in 2.02 in a match and that also worked when I played using the older installation.