Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Command lines?

L

LITTLEGI

What did I miss? Can't find how to show command lines/status in CMBN.
thanks

Tried it . No go?? It does work on other CM games though? I will check my version?
Thanks for the note.

Looks like I'm on "engine v 2.0". So if I download the "3.0" patch, which file do I load it into?
Appreciate you patience.
thx

Looks like I'm on "engine v 2.0". So if I download the "3.0" patch, which file do I load it into?
Appreciate you patience.
thx

@LITTLEGI - Be aware that H2H matches only work when both players are at the same CM game patch level. Every FGM H2H player runs CMx2 Engine v4. You'll have to upgrade if you wish to play any human opponent here. After the forthcoming v4 patch is released at a future time unknown to mortal men, you'll also need to apply it to your game(s) as well.

Yep, if you want to play H2H (the best way to play, IMO) you will have to upgrade/patch to the latest version of whatever CM game(s) you own, because I doubt very many people have the time or inclination to go back and install a previous version of a game that they already have loaded and patched to the latest version.

It's a clunky system, but that's the way BFC has decided to do it.

You'll have to upgrade if you wish to play any human opponent here.

Have all the players finally surrendered and installed CMBN 4.0? All of them?

No. In the far North, one stalwart 3.12 player holds out...

asterix_gaulish_village_map.jpeg

@LITTLEGI - Be aware that H2H matches only work when both players are at the same CM game patch level. Every FGM H2H player runs CMx2 Engine v4. You'll have to upgrade if you wish to play any human opponent here. After the forthcoming v4 patch is released at a future time unknown to mortal men, you'll also need to apply it to your game(s) as well.

FWIW, it is possible without TOO much drama to run two versions of a CM title at once, keeping an old version going e.g. to finish off a battle whilst also upgrading / patching at the same time ...

Make a copy of the old version in a different location ( I use my Mac desktop) and then upgrade etc the original, default-location copy - the upgrade works more easily / reliably that way around IMO. Then just use the copy to play on in any existing battle.

Combat Mission Helper, if you use it (I wouldn’t be without it) will happily handle files for both copies of the game, once you point it at the new, copy version location as well as the original, default (?) location copy it already knew about ...

FWIW, it is possible without TOO much drama to run two versions of a CM title at once, keeping an old version going e.g. to finish off a battle whilst also upgrading / patching at the same time ...

Make a copy of the old version in a different location ( I use my Mac desktop) and then upgrade etc the original, default-location copy - the upgrade works more easily / reliably that way around IMO. Then just use the copy to play on in any existing battle.

Combat Mission Helper, if you use it (I wouldn’t be without it) will happily handle files for both copies of the game, once you point it at the new, copy version location as well as the original, default (?) location copy it already knew about ...

Yep, I attest this works as @PhilM describes; two versions of a CM game (labelled differently, for example "CMBN" and "CMBN v3.12") with CMHelper configured to recognize each of them as different game installs.

Heeeelp.
How do you guys put up with computer duds like me........? Thank you for your patience
So I downloaded V311 and v312 patch but when I hit run on v311, this is what I get:
(I suspect I loaded into the wrong folder/file? Can anyone point me in the right direction?) Thanks again

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-09-16 20.22.16.png
    Screenshot 2018-09-16 20.22.16.png
    427.2 KB · Views: 2
Heeeelp.
How do you guys put up with computer duds like me........? Thank you for your patience
So I downloaded V311 and v312 patch but when I hit run on v311, this is what I get:
(I suspect I loaded into the wrong folder/file? Can anyone point me in the right direction?) Thanks again

We dope-slap them long and often! :fisher:
Forget about downloading and manually installing patches.
Download the Master (All-in-One) Installer instead and follow the instructions in this thread - New Install CM pitfalls.
Everyone here has experienced computer problems of one sort or another. This is a good place to ask such questions. Good luck!

OK
I got the game and update full installer v312 on my E; drive . But it's loading the new updates/game onto my C: drive. There is no "browse" button either?
Any ideas?
PS: The new game desktop icon shows up as 4.0 but no commonwealth or MG battles are on it. :sick:
thx

Last edited by a moderator:
Back