FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
@Stafford @Coopes @Nathangun @Rico @Vatutin85 @Wellsonian @Panzerknacker @Gunner @Shorker @eniced73

0237273_47272_MC_Tx360.jpg

Hello Good Men,

Campaign progression

We now have 10 players signed up. This is enough to play the campaign.
Although with the number of units we have, there could very well be in excess of 5 battles per turn!

There may be more people that sign up over time, even while the campaign is underway.
The campaign preparation is coming along well, and we could start quite soon (1-3 weeks?).

Calling CO's

There's no need to choose which side you want to play yet, and before that happens I wanted to see if any of you are willing to command a side.
As a side note, a brigade commander could be anywhere from a Colonel, Brigadier, Brigadier General to a Major General.

The CO of a side will have a few responsibilities (they can also fight in the battles of course).

You will need to lead the discussion of your side, and generally help out with stuff.
For example, organizing a replacement player if someone becomes indisposed, and encouraging players to keep up the During Action Reports on their battle threads.
You should be fairly adept at strategy. You should learn the campaign rules well.

Issuing orders

The most important mission will be the issuing of orders.
Each side will start with 27 units in play. I expect that number will steadily and quickly diminish, but that's still quite a bit.
The orders will probably be done about once every 2 months (I expect battles to take up to a month to complete, and then the other side does their turn).

There could be 2 ways to work out and issue orders.
One could be text orders. Specify a unit, specify a hex-by-hex path for movement, and specify attacks. Not too hard.
Another might be Photoshop (I can supply a Photoshop file with the map and all the counters if needed).

I will be posting a jpeg of the map and all the units at the beginning and end of each turn, so everyone can see the layout of things.
So another way could be simply 'drawing' moves onto the jpeg with your favourite drawing program.

So there we have it. Anyone willing to throw their hat in the ring? Specify your preferred side (although no guarantees which).
If we have a lot of takers, we can have an XO back-up commander on each side.
Hopefully we get at least 2 volunteers!

Last edited:

Panzerknacker

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
I'll go ahead and enlist for the german CO.
I have to admit that i have 0 experience in such a position and would also be fine to only be an XO or a regular battle commander.

If theres not a lot of you guys that want to do this job i would try my best to do this one.

Cheers

Rik_atc

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Hi guys, Is there any slot to play the campaign? I have been playing CMFB for a while and actually I was thinking about to acquire CMRT.

Best,

Rik

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Axis:
@Panzerknacker @Stafford @Shorker @Wellsonian @eniced73 @Coopes @Sgt Grunt @Panzer_Kraut @JTimo @Kraut @LastLeigh @Rik_atc

Soviet:
@Nathangun @Rico @Vatutin85 @Redbully @PhilM @Gunner @jobu88 @Fredrocker @olaf @MeatEtr @nektoman

Hello Good Men,

I have sent a message to Panzerknacker the Axis CO, but no reply. He hasn't been on the forums since May 3rd, and it's now the 11th.
I hope all's well with him, but I can't just let the campaign stagnate.

Any Axis player willing to step up to the role of Commanding Officer for the Axis side, even if just temporarily?

The role requires you to use Photoshop (or another program, like the Photoshop equivalent Gimp, which is free) to make moves on the campaign map.
It also requires that you read the campaign rules.

Any volunteers willing to take it on, throw your hat in the ring here.

e9d80a074465668a031c141d1e66c3dd--military-soldier-lego-military.jpg

Last edited:

Stafford

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Wow we're all a bunch of Lieutenant Dykes here aye? I'm reluctant to take it on due to my high hour work commitments but if literally nobody is going to step up then I'd rather do that than see this whole effort come to nothing, especially considering Sean has put an insane amount of time and effort into making it happen.

If nobody steps up by friday and if Panzerknacker is still MIA (save us Panzer-Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope!) then you lot will be stuck with me calling the shots, consider yourselves warned! :p

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Thanks for stepping up @Stafford, especially given your work commitments.

It is only a game, and if there isn't a strong interest in the campaign from the players, I'm prepared to abandon the project with no hard feelings.
If there is still an interest in it, then we do need a CO for each side, to continue.

So if anyone else on the Axis side (or even the Allied side if they are willing to switch teams) think they could do it, then speak up.
If no one else comes forward and Panzerknacker has not reappeared, then I'd appreciate you taking the reins Stafford.
You can wait a few days if you wish, or get stuck right into it. I leave the fate of the campaign in the hands of the players.

Rico

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
Copy of fgm-avatar09.gif
I can step up (and treacherously switch sides -- early days, so not much intel on Russkie moves yet, but there'll be a price on my head for sure :shocknaz:) ... work a bit hectic today and tomorrow -- bit gimme a couple of days to deep dive and familiarise myself properly again with the rules and figure out what's what on the Axis side.

Kraut

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
It is only a game, and if there isn't a strong interest in the campaign from the players, I'm prepared to abandon the project with no hard feelings.
If there is still an interest in it, then we do need a CO for each side, to continue.
The Campaign is very interesting for me. Thanks for the good work @Concord! I think this campaign will improve even more due to the rules evolution and it looks very promising.
Due to real life issues I unfortunately can not commit me as an OC, but I still would very much like to continue as a normal participant.
If necessary I can switch sides if there is an unbalance.

Concord

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
For the record @Stafford I have no doubt you'd make a good commander.
The only reason I suggested the option of waiting a few days is because of your work taking you 'out back', presumably for several days at a time.
You are still welcome to try your hand if you so wish.

@Rico thanks for the offer as well!
Do you think that with all your other projects on the go you'd be able to take on the task?

The position isn't very difficult or hugely time consuming, but more than the regular battle commanders obviously.
If the first edition of the campaign is anything to go by, orders will need to be proposed, discussed and presented about once every month or so.

Stafford

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Thanks @Concord , not so much out for several days but each day can be up to 17 hours work which leaves literally no time for anything other than eating and sleeping. Obviously real life takes precedence but without a CO we're going nowhere fast, so I'll take it on if literally nobody else wants to do it.

Rico

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
For the record @Stafford I have no doubt you'd make a good commander.
The only reason I suggested the option of waiting a few days is because of your work taking you 'out back', presumably for several days at a time.
You are still welcome to try your hand if you so wish.

@Rico thanks for the offer as well!
Do you think that with all your other projects on the go you'd be able to take on the task?

The position isn't very difficult or hugely time consuming, but more than the regular battle commanders obviously.
If the first edition of the campaign is anything to go by, orders will need to be proposed, discussed and presented about once every month or so.

That's what I thought -- should be managable, I think ... wouldn't have time for battlefield command.

Let me have a proper look at rules again when I have a moment... my offer doesn't preclude any other Axis commander stepping forward (happy to lat someone else from the ranks take over as well)