Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit MG, would you quit venting about the masks!

Now, time for some HOA math.

I see today in the US that approximately 4.3 million people have tested positive for the virus and 150,000 have passed. That makes for a mortality rate of about 3.5%. But the antibody studies offer strong evidence that indicates that anywhere between 10 to 13 times the number of people may have antibodies and have therefore had COVID at some point. So taking the 10 times (lower) multiplier, that means that at a minimum 43 million Americans have had COVID at some point, in varying severity and evidence shows that 80% of those people were more than likely asymptomatic. So, if that's the case, then the death rate falls 0.35%, that being 150000 divided by 43000000. I have read that when this is all done the overall death rate in the US will probably be between 0.5% to 2%. Two percent of 331000000 is 6,620,000 on the upper end. The percentage seems small but the 6 million number is huge.

I would like to get tested for the antibodies. I bet I have already had it at some point, and was asymptomatic.

FGt8ykM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back