Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CW Cup 2022 - Round 1 / Battle 2

OnePingOnly

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Website
www.youtube.com
A little DAR here:

Everything I've heard about the T-62 is true.
Here's four T-62 (1975s), all unbuttoned, all with direct verified LOS to the square where @MeatEtr 's M60 is sitting...behind 2 trees (behind 1 tree, at one point). They never see it.
Not sure if it's the T-62, or the trees. Or maybe the M60 camo is just that effective.

CCWCup R1B2 T62 Blindness.jpg

A little DAR here:

Everything I've heard about the T-62 is true.
Here's four T-62 (1975s), all unbuttoned, all with direct verified LOS to the square where @MeatEtr 's M60 is sitting...behind 2 trees (behind 1 tree, at one point). They never see it.
Not sure if it's the T-62, or the trees. Or maybe the M60 camo is just that effective.

View attachment 27154
Yeah seems their spotting is horrible! Though in that pic Im pretty sure they were under fire by 2 or maybe 3 M60s. Also I think thats the spot where the one blew up so big it destroyed the other T64 sitting right next to it. Gotta love those "2 for the price of 1" deals!

Finally bringing down some steel rain for your boys! I've been taking losses from yours since turn 1! Figured time to return the favor! :D

Bannon

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
@Brille and I are trying to get battle #2 underway and for the first time ever I forgot the password I used when setting up the game. Does anyone know if there is a way to discover or reset the password?

Brille

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
@Brille and I are trying to get battle #2 underway and for the first time ever I forgot the password I used when setting up the game. Does anyone know if there is a way to discover or reset the password?
I guess you mean @Brazilianguy because I get my ass beaten already by @Shady Side . :D

But as I've told you before I guess you have to set up a new game for that. If you remember what you picked this shouldn't be that hard.

OnePingOnly

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Website
www.youtube.com
Unfortunately, I do not believe there is a way to do that. You'll probably have to re-start.

I don't think I received a Dropbox invite for @Bannon vs. @Brazilianguy - if one of you can take care of that, then I'll provide an overall Battle 2 status update. Thank you!!!

Bannon

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Unfortunately, I do not believe there is a way to do that. You'll probably have to re-start.

I don't think I received a Dropbox invite for @Bannon vs. @Brazilianguy - if one of you can take care of that, then I'll provide an overall Battle 2 status update. Thank you!!!
I wish I had good news to report but I don't. @Brazilianguy and I are still working on getting battle #2 underway and I am still hopeful we can do that this weekend. Even if that happens there is little chance we will complete the battle by May 30th. We certainly didn't plan on this happening but it did.

Mea maxima culpa!

Bannon

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER

I just gave you read only access to our Dropbox folder so you'll be able to view the files once we get underway.

drewshotsfan

FGM Corporal
FGM MEMBER
Hi MMM/OPO

Sorry, but I am away again now

My son passes out from the Royal Air Force this week (Wednesday), so we are making a week of it. I can't wait to see the parade. So proud

Once this week is done everything is back to normal for me, so I will be able to send regular turns. Have a great week

Cheers

Drew

Bannon

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Hi MMM/OPO

Sorry, but I am away again now

My son passes out from the Royal Air Force this week (Wednesday), so we are making a week of it. I can't wait to see the parade. So proud

Once this week is done everything is back to normal for me, so I will be able to send regular turns. Have a great week

Cheers

Drew
Congratulations @drewshotsfan! You must be proud.

Bannon

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Good news! @Brazilianguy and I are finally getting Battle #2 underway. I will be out of town the rest of the week so turns w3ill be slow but we're going to prioritize this battle and complete it as soon as we can.

OnePingOnly

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Website
www.youtube.com
Hello team-
I am overdue for an update... have had a large number of random real life things going on, so apologies for the delay.
For one thing, my office has FINALLY re-opened after 2 years of COVID lockout. I'm quite happy to leave the home office behind, but while I was at home I could take a turn or two when I was in a boring zoom call (ssssh! don't tell anyone).

Anyhoo, battles should be on roughly Turn 15/File #30 by now. Here's where we stand:
CWCup R1B2 Mid.jpg

@A Canadian Cat and @holoween are almost done with a battle that could decide who gets to keep the black cat as a mascot (both have legitimate claims :D). We had a few late starts, but generally folks are making progress. We're getting into better weather here in the northern hemisphere, so I expect a bit of slow-down as outside activities kick off. Folks are doing a good job letting me and their opponents know when they are going to be away, and it is very much appreciated.

In checking in on a few games, I see a great mix of unit purchases and strategies. There's some very infantry-heavy, and some armor-heavy battles out there. There is a lot of scrambling for good positions on the flanks while the center gets pummeled.
Happy gaming!

We are done! It's a draw. Which is an amazing result for me.

1652440326780.png

I'm sure @holoween is kicking himself because he didn't actually have units on the objective he totally controlled or the one I contested in the last 30s of the game. Another person dazzled and confused by the outline objectives. Yeah, I'm a gamey bastard - but remember if you cannot defend your turf it's not your turf.

Seriously though I totally botched this and was playing for a draw from about five turns in. I totally spaced on this being a meeting engagement so I was treating it like there would be defenders behind ever tree. I also forgot that first turn air and artillery were allowed. So, I moved way to slow and got hammered by air - lost a third of my infantry right away. So I hunkered down behind the hill of my close by objective and tired to snipe his guys when I could and keep my guys alive. He had a lot of tanks so it was tricky. Then at the end I figured I could get closer to a draw if I rushed an edge of his objective. My BMP was KO'ed right away my covering tank was KO'ed and the rushing tank was KO'ed right after they arrived on the objective. The shattered survivor of the tank just got his feet on the ground as time ran out. Talk about lucky.

I feel bad - but that wore off :D