Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Danger Close

Paleolithic Monk

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Just watched the movie "Danger Close" on Amazon Prime. Probably one of the most intense Vietnam movies I've seen. I enjoyed it quite a bit. The lead actor is Travis Fimmel (Ragnar Lothbrok on Vikings). I hope it was an accurate and respectful showing for Delta Company!

MV5BNDA3ZjczODQtMzIwNS00MGNmLWE4ODAtNWZjZDBhMzVmZDI3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzQwMTY2Nzk@._V1_.jpg

from- http://theconversation.com/danger-close-the-battle-over-the-meaning-of-long-tan-121487
On August 18, 1966, an isolated infantry group of 108 men from the D Company, 6th Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment and three New Zealanders from an artillery forward observation party, plus RAAF helicopters and a relief force of armoured personnel carriers, fought a battle opposing a vastly superior force, in abysmal weather conditions, for an entire afternoon.

It would be really cool to see a movie entirely from the North Vietnamese/Viet Cong perspective.

Back