Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Describe the FGM

Bootie

FGM OWNER
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Guys Im working on a complete overhaul of FGM.

The tagline to FGM is 'Wargaming & Military Discussion Club'....

IMO this tagline is no longer accurate.

If you had to re-design the tagline what would your tagline for the FGM be?

My idea is along the lines of...

The Few Good Men
Where Wargaming & History Collide.

How about "FGM: Just your Average Nutcase"...? :biggrin1:

Where a Few Go Mental and Friendships Get Made? (Or Melted :tape2:)

We are a bunch of Looney Toons! Alternatively, we are a modern day Gentleman's Club, though I don't know why you'd let me in if that's the case.

That's why I thought of "nutcase" first... :tongue1:

But face it: Wargaming brought us together and without theg ames the club wouldn't exist. Question is if we could find other thingsmto keep us occupied...

You know, I'm thinking Facman may be close.
FGM: A War Gaming Gentleman's Club.
While allowing some around here to gain the title "gentleman" might be a stretch the fact is one must exhibit proper behavior to maintain membership.
On the other hand I'm not sure why you believe
"The tagline to FGM is 'Wargaming & Military Discussion Club'....IMO this tagline is no longer accurate." no longer provides an adequate description.

"A virtual gathering place for those who ponder military history" or "A collection of demented kooks that look at the unimpaired side of military history."

You know, I'm thinking Facman may be close.
FGM: A War Gaming Gentleman's Club.
While allowing some around here to gain the title "gentleman" might be a stretch the fact is one must exhibit proper behavior to maintain membership.
On the other hand I'm not sure why you believe
"The tagline to FGM is 'Wargaming & Military Discussion Club'....IMO this tagline is no longer accurate." no longer provides an adequate description.

Well if you look what the site offers over and above wargaming and military discussion.

* Huge Picture Resource
* Scale Model Section
* Movie & TV Discussion
* Music Section
* Book Discussion
* FPS Tactical Shooter Section

But I suppose even considering these I dont thionk we can really be categorised sufficiently so perhaps what we have now will suffice... and oh.... we may be losing the old guys playing wargames picture. :sorry:

Maybe if we just call us "A Gentlemen's Club" we already fit the bill. I still think it's mostly about gaming - although we have a music, book and movie section I have to admit I scarcely look at those (if at all) because that's not why I'm here.

Maybe we should not think about a subtitle but rather a slogan - something like "For the Love of Gaming". I bet if you ask the netx 50 guys coming by today, 99% will say they're here for the games and have joined because of the games. But that's my point of view of course.

Im never unimpaired!
I was a Boy Scout once upon a time, and I remember the motto, "Be Impaired!"

NO NO NO... you took it out of context (what are you a reporter for The Sun or News Corp or somefink)...:RpS_laugh:

We are Demented Kooks... Military History is unimpaired....:RpS_smile:

Well... I got a really stupid idea now: "FGM: SUUM CUIQUE". How about that? I think that's PERFECTLY describing hat we have here.

Correct. If I really think about it, that's what FGM means - everyone can get his share, take part in whatever activity fits him best and share what he wants to share. One can join to play, talk, read, whatever. In the end we ARE more than just a gaming club if we're honest. And it isn't a bad thing at all.

I would like to think of the FGM as a Gentlemen's War Gaming Club. Being somewhat old fashioned I can envision fine wood paneling thick carpets and over stuffed leather armchairs in one side and a English pub in the other.Something with a relaxed and comfortable feel to it. May have to fire up 3dsmax this afternoon and see what I can cobble together.

Strictly looking at what is actively being discussed and played here since my return there "SEEMS" to be little interest gaming wise in anything beyond Combat Mission and its various versions and with the exception of trivia related stuff, World War II is the primary historical topic. So A Gentlemens Combat Mission gaming club seems closer to the reality of things. Thats just an opinion and not a complaint.

Back