Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Desert Wings

Zeke_21

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Team Fusion released a while back Desert Wings based off the old Cliffs of Dover flight sim. Won't go into the history of the original Cliffs of Dover it's a saga. I got Desert Wings on release, didn't have time to play it much, but recently fired it up. Lots of updates and fixes. Some commented on release the AI was stupid, but since then many have commented the dogfight AI is now very good. I can't comment on that. Team Fusion also fixed the original Cliffs of Dover and I think Desert Wings also makes additional fixes to Cliff of Dover...

The planes and interiors looks great-in fact a little too good if you ask me as plane look like the just came off the factory floor-either that or the Luftwaffe and RAF have plenty of spare water and wax to spiff up the aircraft. (Played around some more and there is a setting to make the planes look weathered).

Its still based off the old CoD engine so its not as refined as IL2 BoS. I find it a bit irritating to be honest. I wished Team Fusion would just make sims based off the newer IL2 BoS engine. The recorder in CoD is terrible and some useful functions you can't map like you can in the newer BoS engine.

I love the theater. North African is not often modeled when it comes to the air war.

Here are some screenshots of action and planes you can fly...

Last edited:
Launcher64 2021-04-14 15-57-57-17.png

Italian Bi-plane. The Gladiator is also flyable so you can have some bi-plane action.

Launcher64 2021-04-14 16-10-39-82.png
Hurricanes on the prowl. Also comes in the can opener version with wing mounted 40mm cannons so you can go on tank busting missions.

Launcher64 2021-04-15 14-05-13-68.png
Beaufughter-one of my favorites, fun to go ship busting in these.

There are other flayable planes. Ships and ground targets. Missions while battles are taking place.

A great job by Team Fusion.

Back