FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
View of the Hamadi South battlefield from the position of Sgt Ferner and his sharp-shooting Marder... German mortar barrage falling on the far ridge line, Hamadi farm on the right of the picture under infantry attack (not easy on this flat desert terrain) ...and the beautiful sight of smoke plumes of seven burning enemy vehicles in the distance... so far so good.

hamadi south battle screenshot 1.jpg

Rico

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
Some more action shots from the HAMADI sector battle vs @Paleolithic Monk .... ironically for such a flat open battlefield, it's proven really difficult sometimes to spot enemy troops...

Note: I always like to take my screen shots as much as possible from down at "Grunt" or "Landser level" ...

grenadiers hamadi 4.jpg
Our determined grenadiers follow behind an advancing StuG....

grenadiers hamadi 2.jpg
...while their comrades secure the central objective, Hamadi Farm.

grenadiers hamadi 3.jpg
"Objective secured and clear of enemy troops!" The next objective is the low ridge line to the left of this picture...

marder wadi.jpg
Following up the advance, Sgt Ferner and his Marder carefully negotiate one of the wadis cutting across the Hamadi plain. In the background, American mortar barrage can be seen falling.

stug x.jpg
It has not been without casualties... StuG knocked out by an enemy Sherman.

stug hit 1.jpg

stug hit 2.jpg

Oops... have forgotten that US troops already have bazookas at this time... StuG peppered with shots, but mostly no damage done! (could have been rifle grenades too ... not sure)

"Driver! Full speed reverse!!"

Anyone else have any screenshots or propaganda to share?

Last edited:

Rico

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
Both Nathangun and I apparently have the same plan up in Djebel Hamadi: neither of us are crazy enough to push the ridge in the centre, we're both playing peekaboo and hitting the other side with indirect fire.

I even sawed a German at one point!

View attachment 17889
Awesome!

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
5 minutes left on my battle with @MeatEtr. Early on I thought this was going to be a Jerry victory, they had more Pzr IV's which in '43 are better than the Sherman, and there's also a PaK bunker overlooking the minor objective.

At the moment, thanks to Corporal McEwan and his crew from B Squadron, 56th Recce Regt., the Brits might have this. At the moment they are sat on the main objective hill top of Dejebel El Guessa surrounded by 5 knocked out Pzr IV's. I'm recommending Corporal McEwan for The Victoria Cross and his crew The Military Cross. I soooo want the crew to survive.

McEwan's Sherman with two of the wrecked IV's in the background
Battle #1 MeatEtr.png

Looking upon the minor objective on the western slopes of the hill, two buildings destroyed from PaK and my mortar fire with burning vehicles in the background. Three of the plumes are my burning Shermans.
Battle #1.2 MeatEtr.jpg

Nort

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
nort1@comcast.net
My opening Axis gambit against Wellsonian did not go as swimmingly as I had envisioned.

MeatEtr

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
wings76@windstream.net
5 minutes left on my battle with @MeatEtr. Early on I thought this was going to be a Jerry victory, they had more Pzr IV's which in '43 are better than the Sherman, and there's also a PaK bunker overlooking the minor objective.

At the moment, thanks to Corporal McEwan and his crew from B Squadron, 56th Recce Regt., the Brits might have this. At the moment they are sat on the main objective hill top of Dejebel El Guessa surrounded by 5 knocked out Pzr IV's. I'm recommending Corporal McEwan for The Victoria Cross and his crew The Military Cross. I soooo want the crew to survive.

McEwan's Sherman with two of the wrecked IV's in the background
View attachment 17894

Looking upon the minor objective on the western slopes of the hill, two buildings destroyed from PaK and my mortar fire with burning vehicles in the background. Three of the plumes are my burning Shermans.
View attachment 17895
Yeah things have taken a nose dive into the sh!tter in this one for the Axis! Had things pretty much in hand for most of the battle. Then that last Sherman switched on his Klingon cloaking technology and raped my PzrIVs. Lost all 5 of my IVs to 3 of his Shermans killed. It's all up to the Marder II now. Maybe with Rico's mod it can at least take out that last Sherman/Stuart. Even if he does pull it off there's still too much infantry at the major OZ at the top of the hill. Only hope now is to hold the minor OZ. We'll see...

But yeah that tank crew deserves loads of medals after this one! Ouch! :eek:

MeatEtr

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
wings76@windstream.net
Sorry @Paleolithic Monk, I'm not sure I want to let him go ;)

Kool video of the battle. (y)

Lifting the FOW.... one of those PzrIVs had a broke gun early on. So it was more even than appeared to be. Also that Marder II had a broke gun as well from small arms fire. That was my fault, should of reversed him away from your infantry than expose its rear. Although I agree with you the PzrIV superior to the Sherman, especially at long range. But at the top of that hill with such short range, it's a toss of a coin.

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Kool video of the battle. (y)

Lifting the FOW.... one of those PzrIVs had a broke gun early on. So it was more even than appeared to be. Also that Marder II had a broke gun as well from small arms fire. That was my fault, should of reversed him away from your infantry than expose its rear. Although I agree with you the PzrIV superior to the Sherman, especially at long range. But at the top of that hill with such short range, it's a toss of a coin.

Always difficult to know the situation on the other side. I’m looking forward to the next battle :shocknaz: