Engagement 1 - TF Epirus Attacks TF Duma (Syrian Briefing)

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
Usually plays single player.
Player: @Mad Mike (Your underlings appear to be a bit skittish in the face of the enemy. Show 'em how it's done ;) )
Communal Password: Hope
The save game file is with NATO forces. Spoom is your opponent. Await contact from your opponent.

++++++++++

Primary Mission - Hold the advancing NATO forces and prevent them from taking the map. If the NATO forces occupy all three objectives your forces will be forced to withdraw. You can request a ceasefire at any time.
Secondary Mission - Nil.

Terrain - Map 1, heavily damaged urban environment on the outskirts of Damascus.

Friendly Forces - Your taskforce is at full strength and overnight your men were able to prepare defensive works as ordered.

Enemy Intel - No direct intel but you can hear the sound of many heavy engines approaching from the south. You have received word that an overnight raid deep behind enemy lines was able to knock out a whole battery of enemy artillery.

Weather - Though it is only dawn it appears to be a hot day ahead. Current conditions are warm. The wind is light from the north east bringing with it a thick haze following another heavy night of shelling and combat from inside Damascus.

JTimo

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
1 game.
for the gain of one destroyed FV432 Mk 3 Bulldog
DB doesn't include some of the early turns. I'm assuming the Bulldog kill was during one of those turns. Curios to know how that kill went down.

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
Kind of .. we are at 43 minutes left, but I think that we should retreat whatever is left of our forces .. which isn't that much.
How to do this? Just surrender in the battle? Or will you handle this?
Talk to you opponent for a ceasefire. If they agree then call it in game and give me the last file and post the AAR screen to the forums. From the rules topic:
  • Clear Victory - One side emerges as the clear victor at the end of the battle based on victory points. (The degree of victory is of no concern). If the attacking force is victorious they have the added bonus of claiming the node.
  • Surrender - The side that surrenders will lose the node and the campaign unit. All remaining forces (including 'Men OK') are marched into captivity.
  • Players Call a Ceasefire / Draw - Both sides pull back slightly but the node remains contested for a resumed battle in the next campaign turn. Campaign units may opt to move away from the contested zone the following campaign turn and replace the fighting force if able.

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
@Ithikial

I've surrendered now, so this battle should be done.

I think I should pass on my post as CO and commander for the Syrian side, since during the next couple of months, I will have less time available.
I hope you can find a replacement with the remaining players.
No probs Mad Mike. Will process Turn 2 in the morning. Please step forward someone. :)