Engagement 18 - TF Lesbos vs TF Palmyra (Syrian Briefing)

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
Usually plays single player.
Player: @Vartuoosi (or someone you nominate).
Communal Password: Hope
The save game file is with your opponent. Unknown opponent at this time but they should be in touch shortly.

Note: Engagement number just makes my life easier with the record sheet, don't worry that the numbers don't line up on your end.
++++++++++

Primary Mission - You are attacking a Canadian Mechanised force that drive you back in the last few hours. Sweep the map from west to east. (Yeah good luck with that...) :D [Mission is probably already completed as a spoiling attack]
Secondary Mission - Nil.

Terrain - Map 7.

Friendly Forces - Your unconventional fighter force is battered and barely holding together. A few extra vehicles and local spies are all that has been added to the force. Local spies are set up outside of the Canadian deployment zone and are permitted to occupy the buildings among no man's land.

Enemy Intel - Expect the majority of a Canadian Mechanised Infantry company. They have not been reinforced but ammunition has been replenished. Be wary of Canadian lines of fire at deployment. It is open terrain and you are taking a machine gun to a APC fight.

Weather - It is still warm in the evening son. The weather is clear.

Civilian Presence - There are no civilian presence in the area.

Vartuoosi

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
[Mission is probably already completed as a spoiling attack]
Yep, Palmyra already achieved it's objective by blocking NATO advance to map 9 where our bomb makers are located.

Basically there isn't really anything sensible Palmyra can do other than use the spies to locate enemy troops and hope that the VBIEDs can get through to hit them and maybe get a lucky shot with whatever heavy weapons might still be left.
I'll probably take this battle myself, no need to subject others to shit battles when there's two more interesting ones going on. And I can show the fucking leafs what kind of vigor and energy you're supposed to conduct offensive operations with.

Vartuoosi

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
OK, let's do a little update on this one.
Hit the town with all my VBIEDs since as I suspected the Canadian vehicles were held at the other end of the map (excluding couple APCs at the far end of the town) and 3 of the 5 detonated. And they should have detonated close enough to buildings occupied by enemy infantry to have caused at least some casualties. I also got some troops into the town and they were able to take out a command variant APC out with a RPG.
The Canadians little while ago started to push towards my starting positions between the town and the forest with APCs, tanks and infantry. I've hit those positions pretty hard with my mortars so I'm expecting some Canadian casualties there as well.

Also something miraculous happened. An AT-3 Sagger missile destroyed a FO variant APC that was observing the battlefield from a hilltop on the very far side of the map. Yes, you read that right, a MCLOS weapon actually hit something. This is truly the greatest proof we could ever have that our cause is blessed by Allah.

Overall slow going, my opponent's turn rate is glacial.

A Canadian Cat

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
ian.leslie@lesliesoftware.com
Hit the town with all my VBIEDs since as I suspected the Canadian vehicles were held at the other end of the map (excluding couple APCs at the far end of the town) and 3 of the 5 detonated. And they should have detonated close enough to buildings occupied by enemy infantry to have caused at least some casualties.
:) Nope. I suffered two lightly wounded on one fire team and that's all from the VIDEs. They did scare the crap out of me when they arrived but they were not effective.

I also got some troops into the town and they were able to take out a command variant APC out with a RPG.
Yeah now that hurt.

The Canadians little while ago started to push towards my starting positions between the town and the forest with APCs, tanks and infantry. I've hit those positions pretty hard with my mortars so I'm expecting some Canadian casualties there as well.
Again mortars were not very effective. I cannot say I suffered no casualties from them but it was very few. Since I was not really planning to move without being inside LAVs the mortars didn't really effect my mobility either.

Also something miraculous happened. An AT-3 Sagger missile destroyed a FO variant APC that was observing the battlefield from a hilltop on the very far side of the map. Yes, you read that right, a MCLOS weapon actually hit something. This is truly the greatest proof we could ever have that our cause is blessed by Allah.
Again, that really sucked.

Overall slow going, my opponent's turn rate is glacial.
Yeah, sorry about that. I hope I made up for it later.