Engagement 4 - TF Sparta Attacks TF Damascus (Syrian Briefing)

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
Usually plays single player.
Player: @olaf
Communal Password: Hope
The save game file is with NATO forces. Hapless is your opponent. (You guys are one time zone apart so hopefully a solid turn rate per day can be established).

++++++++++

Primary Mission - Hold the advancing NATO forces and prevent them from taking the map. If the NATO forces occupy all three objectives your forces will be forced to withdraw. You can request a ceasefire at any time.
Secondary Mission - Nil.

Terrain - Map 4, an open valley and small town on the southern edge of the area of operations.

Friendly Forces - Your taskforce is at full strength, made up of a company of T-72's with some very limited infantry support. Some AAA assets are also a part of your command. Your Commanding Officer has directed all possible artillery support to your assistance to repel the enemy. They will be in a firing position in five minutes.

Enemy Intel - No direct intel but you can hear the sound of a many heavy engines approaching from the north east and you have already been buzzed by a number of NATO jets and helicopters.

Weather - Conditions are clear and the temperature is hot. The wind is light.

Last edited:

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
Game master notes and tips.

Apologies. I realised that your organic force can not call in off map artillery by default. I've added three 'free' forward observer teams (one for each battery) and five TRP's for some help. Protect these teams at all costs. There will still be some delay once the artillery arrives.... but when it arrives. :D I want to see some pictures. It's what happens with the NATO forces launch pin prick attacks, all defensive support can be sent to the one engagement! (You can thank @Bootie later). Suggest when it has arrived go in hard with everything to cause as many casualties as possible.

Bootie

FGM OWNER
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
greershane@gmail.com
Yes remember it is all about causing casualties.... the more boys they send home the unhappier the folk back home will be and we need their press to turn on them. Drop as much on their heads as you can!

olaf

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
schmolywar@gmail.com
Yes remember it is all about causing casualties.... the more boys they send home the unhappier the folk back home will be and we need their press to turn on them. Drop as much on their heads as you can!

Why do I get visions of this..... :LOL:

mcmortison

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
As mentioned in a other post my PC is down and I wont be able to buy a new one the next 2 or 3 month. Sorry I can't take this assignment.

(I am on holidays atm and haven't seen ure post - sorry)

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
Great. There's actually an error on my part with the NATO side anyway. Will tweak and let your opponent Hapless know. (He'll have the save file).

olaf

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
schmolywar@gmail.com
I assume we shall both use the recent CMSF2 patch?

olaf

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
schmolywar@gmail.com
Turn is just up guys, have a look. Im tempted to have a sloped defense here where im hugging the US forces. I have keyholed most of my units and im looking to dominate the hill with TRPs. The US forces will have to work with angles before they can take a shot at me.

JTimo

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
1 game.
@olaf Im sure you do. Mad Mike shared the DB with all his team for the Turn 1 game. I am on the team, and do have access to the Syrian regime HQ

olaf

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
schmolywar@gmail.com
Alright. Ill be home in a few hours so I can try sharing then. Whats your mail?

olaf

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
schmolywar@gmail.com
2 bmp1s and one T72 down due to first round airstrike. The shilkas are working overtime!

JTimo

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
1 game.
Got it, thanks for the share. Good luck!