Engagement 9 - TF Conrinth vs TF Masyaf (Syrian Briefing)

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
Usually plays single player.
Player: @Bootie (You've been dobbed in by @Vartuoosi - zombie justice)
Communal Password: Hope
The save game file is with your opponent. Please make contact with your opponent who is Hapless (subject to change in short term - will be in touch).

Note: Engagement number just makes my life easier with the record sheet, don't worry that the numbers don't line up on your end.
++++++++++

Primary Mission - Hold any NATO advance and cause as many casualties as possible.
Secondary Mission - Nil.

Terrain - Map 10, an urban centre. (Get ready for MOUT).

Friendly Forces - Your taskforce is at full strength. Given this appears to be the only place NATO has decided to this night, all available support assets are also on station to support the attack. They will be in contact within 5 minutes. In addition a number of IED's and Spies are also on station to assist in holding NATO at bay. (Note: IED triggers are split between radio and cell based triggermen - don't mix them up in deployment). It is also a point of concern that in the last hour one of your junior officers has failed to check in with Battalion Command. His men report he simply got up, wandered outside and disappeared into the night.

Enemy Intel - Unknown but you hear the sound of many vehicles to the east.

Weather - Conditions are clear. The temperature is warm. The wind is light from the north west.

Civilian Presence - Is moderate. Though most civilians are currently off the streets and inside buildings in the dead of night, there is still a number opting to roam the streets that may help mask the movement of your troops from NATO spotting.

Bootie

FGM OWNER
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
greershane@gmail.com
syria-civil-war-getty-462518530.jpg

Yes we have 40 minutes left... it has been a long battle although calling it a battle would be a misnomer... NATO forces have basically thown absolutely everything at me... the picture above is what the area now looks like... we have been playing for quite a while and he is still sending in helicopters.... constant creeping artillery has levelled everything, area fire from his armour is targetting every building..... my forces have just been rolled up like a cloth. The outcome for us will be very bad.

My IEDs were completely ineffective as area fire, artillery took out all my trigger men... my artillery spotters died in a hail of shells rending my attempts to call in my own arty useless.

I will keep clicking go.

rocketman

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
That pretty much sums up my experience in my battle. Press "go" and scream "AAAAAAggggghhhhhhh....", for a minute.

Vartuoosi

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
constant creeping artillery has levelled everything, area fire from his armour is targetting every building
I'm certain we will be able to use that in someway, considering the following;
Civilian Presence - Is moderate. Though most civilians are currently off the streets and inside buildings in the dead of night, there is still a number opting to roam the streets
Rolling barrages through urban areas are not exactly well known for minimizing collateral damages.
collateral.jpg

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
Usually plays single player.
How are we going on this one? I'm away amongst the trees drinking red wine on the weekend but on some annual leave straight afterwards so should be able to process the next campaign turn pretty quickly.

Bootie

FGM OWNER
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
greershane@gmail.com
Think we have 13 turns left... I don't think I have killed a single enemy. This is horrendous. He is still hitting me hard with artillery (that's over an hour of constant artillery fire and helicopter attacks)... none of my IEDs got a chance to flick the switch... not sure if jammers in play but armour rolled by despite having visual to the trigger man. My artillery spotters all died before getting the chance to do anything really due to the rain of hell fire that dropped on them. This has been without a doubt one of the most one sided battles I have been involved in. Im only hoping there will be repercussions in regards to incessant area fire that has damaged I'd say 80% of the buildings on this city map.

Shane