Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

EXE file gone walk about

B

Bidermann

The CMSF exe file has gone from the folder so the game will not launch do I have to reinstall the whole game :sorrow::sad: Or is there a way of getting the file back?

It's probably been quarantined by your antivirus program. You should be able to recover it from the quarantine (procedures vary based on the antivirus software employed).

Thanks , my AVG wont let the game load. Never had that before with AVG turned it off to play the game!

From AVG 2012, you can recover the file and prevent AVG from messing with it in the future as follows:

To recover a file that AVG has moved to "protect you":

1. Open AVG

2. Click on History -> Virus Vault from the dropdown menus. Any files that AVG have removed from their original locations will be listed here.

3. Click on the file(s) you want to restore and click the Restore button. This will move CM Shock Force.exe, for example, back to its original location.

To prevent AVG from viewing CMSF as a threat:

1. Open AVG

2. From the home screen, click on Anti-Virus

3. At the bottom of the screen, click the Manage Exceptions button.

4. Click the Add File button the right side of the screen.

5. From the dialog box, find the file you want to prevent AVG from moving (i.e., CM Shock Force.exe), select it and click "Open". Repeat this process for each file you want to keep AVG from freaking out about. On my computer. I not only had to add CM Shock Force.exe as an exception but also CMSF Marines Module.exe and CMSF NATO Module.exe (both located in the Modules sub-folder. While I have the British module, AVG doesn't seem to care about CMSF British Module.exe although your mielage may vary.

AVG does this every year, as I had the same issue last year and also again this year with their most recent update.

So long AVG, hello AVAST.

Back