Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Fall of the 3rd Reich: Screenshot thread

Concord

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Sure, why not.
There might have been a method to Monk's madness though - threads in the open might get more exposure.
If that WASN'T what he was thinking, then there may be a way to move the existing thread into here - just sayin'. :)

Either way, I'm having a lot of fun playing in the campaign, and posting and reading screenshots. Good stuff Rico.

Sure, why not.
There might have been a method to Monk's madness though - threads in the open might get more exposure.
If that WASN'T what he was thinking, then there may be a way to move the existing thread into here - just sayin'. :)

Either way, I'm having a lot of fun playing in the campaign, and posting and reading screenshots. Good stuff Rico.

There is a way of moving the existing threads -- ask the site admins -- who seem to be snowed under with RL stuff these days ;-)

Paleolithic Monk

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
This Soviet private at Jassy finds out the hard way why point man is not as awesome as the veterans made it sound!
CvsM 3.JPG

Ah @MeatEtr, one of my teams has spotted elements of your clever deep defense at Salerno.
MTRvsM 3.JPG

Some of my Pixeltruppen are making themselves real small as the above tank is lobbing HE shells at them!
MTRvsM 4.JPG

This Soviet private at Jassy finds out the hard way why point man is not as awesome as the veterans made it sound!
View attachment 23330

Ah @MeatEtr, one of my teams has spotted elements of your clever deep defense at Salerno.
View attachment 23331

Some of my Pixeltruppen are making themselves real small as the above tank is lobbing HE shells at them!
View attachment 23332
Great pics of your battles monk! What resolution are you running CM at? It looks like your in full glorious 4K! (y)

In my other battle vs @DoubleD I've ran into a PaK bunker.... something I dont see very much. Anybody know of a mod for this bad boy? I dont think its included in that concrete/wooden bunker mod pack since this was added to CMBN later on.

txtU3ih.jpg

Paleolithic Monk

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Great pics of your battles monk! What resolution are you running CM at? It looks like your in full glorious 4K! (y)

In my other battle vs @DoubleD I've ran into a PaK bunker.... something I dont see very much. Anybody know of a mod for this bad boy? I dont think its included in that concrete/wooden bunker mod pack since this was added to CMBN later on.

txtU3ih.jpg
Yep, running Combat Mission at 4K with some eye candy mods really makes the game look great.
That bunker will be a tough nut to crack, I'd suggest blinding it with smoke when you can.

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Website
www.youtube.com
Yep, running Combat Mission at 4K with some eye candy mods really makes the game look great.
That bunker will be a tough nut to crack, I'd suggest blinding it with smoke when you can.
@Concord, the smoke trick won't work. I put the bunker on go-cart wheels, they were cheap versus the Konigstiger wheels, so I can just move it around. I got the inspiration from here Bunker on go-cart wheels

@MeatEtr, I think your best tactic will be to try and bum rush the bunker, don't bother with smoke, I'm sure your US pixeltroopen can just dodge the HE shrapnel (y). As regards the Shermans, just park them up for a morning coffee, I'm sure all 4 can join the fight in about 45 minutes ;)

If anyone is running screen size greater than the standard CM size screen settings on an Nvidia card try this post. I run at 2560 x 1440 and the change nicely sharpened up the onscreen graphics and text https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefg...ncorrect-render-resolution.32436/#post-309111

@Concord, the smoke trick won't work. I put the bunker on go-cart wheels, they were cheap versus the Konigstiger wheels, so I can just move it around. I got the inspiration from here Bunker on go-cart wheels

@MeatEtr, I think your best tactic will be to try and bum rush the bunker, don't bother with smoke, I'm sure your US pixeltroopen can just dodge the HE shrapnel (y). As regards the Shermans, just park them up for a morning coffee, I'm sure all 4 can join the fight in about 45 minutes ;)

If anyone is running screen size greater than the standard CM size screen settings on an Nvidia card try this post. I run at 2560 x 1440 and the change nicely sharpened up the onscreen graphics and text https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefg...ncorrect-render-resolution.32436/#post-309111
No worries, the bunker is dead.... got two shots off though! See another bunker up ahead.... rinse and repeat... hopefully! :eek:

Blady

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Sure, why not.

Yeah, I had to go digging to find it now.... :LOL:

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Website
www.youtube.com
No worries, the bunker is dead.... got two shots off though! See another bunker up ahead.... rinse and repeat... hopefully! :eek:

Wow, that's the first time I've ever seen a 75mm shell punch through the front of a concrete bunker like that, even at close range. @MeatEtr, you got some Irish blood in you? I've already got the conscripts pulling on the ropes of the second bunker, the go-cart wheels are squealing but hopefully it'll start rotating WOW style.... Now, where was the damn firing button for the Nebelwerfer.

Concord

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Ahhh, the sunny farm of Casa Marini, bread-basket for the local village, known for miles around for their pickled onions.

farm.jpg

The quaint seaside village of San Lazzaro, winner of the Ciambella bake-off 3 years running. Also home to the largest rabbit in southern Italy.

village.jpg

It was a tough map to defend. And a tough map to attack too I think.
Not tons of options for defense as far as terrain goes, and quite an open approach for the attacker.

I bought a veteran Grenadier company and two Panzer 4's.
Bumped up a couple of snipers to crack to squeeze the last points.

In hindsight, I think I need to get out of the campaign mindset and get a bit more creative with tourney purchasing.